Society Day at Cooden Beach Golf Club, East Sussex.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Re: Society Day at Cooden Beach Golf Club, East Sussex.

afraid I cant make it now on holiday in Normandy (no Golf)
G

Sorry to hear you can't now make it.
With Dave the Slice (from Golf Magic) having to pull out that means there are two spaces definitely available if anyone else would like to come along?

1 SMIFFY (12)
2 MURPHTHEMOG (9)
3 GOLFMMAD (24)
4 ALAN BANNISTER (12)
5 RICHARD C (18)
6 CHARLIE (15)
7 LEFTIE (13)
8 PIEMAN
9 RICKG (9)
10 JUSTONEUK (6)
11 BRATTY
12 HERONSGHYLL (8)
13 GUY (15)
14 LIG
15 VISCOUNT17 (21)
16 RAY TAYLOR (12)
17 VJSWING (18)
18 CHRIS (14)
19 P1PETE
[/b]
Rob

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site

Rob,

Guy and I are still on for the day. To be honest, if you are short I am sure I can find a couple more guys to play/join us.

Lets speak tomorrow at CBGC.

Dave

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Great news Paul, glad you can join us.
With you now, and another one of Dave's (Heronghylls) friends we are now back up to 21.
Thanks a lot

1 SMIFFY (12)
2 MURPHTHEMOG (9)
3 GOLFMMAD (24)
4 ALAN BANNISTER (12)
5 RICHARD C (18)
6 CHARLIE (15)
7 LEFTIE (13)
8 PIEMAN
9 RICKG (9)
10 JUSTONEUK (6)
11 BRATTY
12 HERONSGHYLL (8)
13 GUY (15)
14 LIG
15 VISCOUNT17 (21)
16 RAY TAYLOR (12)
17 VJSWING (18)
18 CHRIS (14)
19 P1PETE
20 PN-WOKINGHAM (14)
21 ROBIN DOWLING (16)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Have now got a couple of players on a "reserve" list in case of anyone pulling out at the last minute...

1 SMIFFY (12)
2 MURPHTHEMOG (9)
3 GOLFMMAD (24)
4 ALAN BANNISTER (12)
5 RICHARD C (18)
6 CHARLIE (15)
7 LEFTIE (13)
8 PIEMAN
9 RICKG (9)
10 JUSTONEUK (6)
11 BRATTY
12 HERONSGHYLL (8)
13 GUY (15)
14 LIG
15 VISCOUNT17 (21)
16 RAY TAYLOR (12)
17 VJSWING (18)
18 CHRIS (14)
19 P1PETE
20 PN-WOKINGHAM (14)
21 ROBIN DOWLING (16)

RESERVES
1 GREG LINDLEY
2 TERRY (GOLFMMADS MATE)

Thinking about a change of format for the afternoon round to speed things up a little and play individual Stableford rather than a medal round it that's ok with everybody?
I am aware that a few people are travelling from quite a way to make the day and I don't want to be away from the club too late. Whilst I would really look forward to an 18 hole medal in the afternoon, it's a "given" that medal play is going to take a lot longer to complete than a Stableford (where you can just pick up if you are not going to score). We have an evening meal planned and I don't want to delay this and find that we are still at the club eating at 9 o'clock at night. Hope that this is OK with everybody???
I will be working out the groups and tee off times fairly shortly. First tee is booked for 9.30am. I hope everybody will be OK to get there in plenty of time?

Details for the club can be found here (postcode details for SatNav and driving directions, phone numbers etc)

http://www.coodenbeachgc.com/index.lasso?pg=68018d91480b3545&mp=75ec50aa6849a140
Rob

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site

Smithy,

I think you are spot on. Team event in the am and individual Stableford in the pm will work out great.

Dave

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Great news for those attending Cooden that didn't want to "dress up" in the evening.
I have spoken to the club today to ask if we could possibly have our evening meal served in the downstairs bar rather than the upstairs dining room. Unfortunately, this cannot be done as there is another event being held at the course that day.
But they have relaxed the rules slightly and have said that a shirt and tie will be sufficient, which means as long as the day stays dry, and we don't get soaked to the skin or as muddy as hell, we can just wear the trousers we played in as long as they are not too dirty. So you do not need to bring a jacket/suit with you if you don't want to. Just a shirt and tie. Of course, the trousers that you play in should be reasonably smart so I hate to say it Steve (Viscount17)...although your John Daley trousers are OK on the course, I don't think you will be able to wear them for the dinner. I don't think there is a shirt or tie that would match up with them anyway mate!!
Hope this is OK with everybody????
Rob