Soccer AM - being cancelled

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

I'm going to take a stab and guess that not many on this forum are avid watchers.... But for me (aged 42) Soccer AM has been a part of my Saturday mornings for nearly 30 years.

It's definitely had highs and lows in terms of quality and entertainment value, but I feel that at the moment is quite a fun watch.

For me... It will be missed. Looks like it will finish at the end of this season.

D-S

Visit site
Haven’t watched it since Helen Chamberlain and Tim Lovejoy, it was enjoyable, irreverent and innovative then - not sure how it has developed since but it had given us some good fun radio presenters since such as Max Rushden and Andy Goldstein.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never really watched it. I was never awake early enough on Saturdays. Seen plenty of clips from it though. I'm surprised they're getting rid of it. No wonder Bullard has gone full time on Tubes' golf YouTube channel, they'll have plenty of time together now.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm going to take a stab and guess that not many on this forum are avid watchers.... But for me (aged 42) Soccer AM has been a part of my Saturday mornings for nearly 30 years.

It's definitely had highs and lows in terms of quality and entertainment value, but I feel that at the moment is quite a fun watch.

For me... It will be missed. Looks like it will finish at the end of this season.
I was gutted to hear this today. I’m 43 and like you have been a regular viewer for the majority of its run. I think the current format is great - bar the twin sisters, who do my head in. But they’re only a very recent addition. Will be a big miss for me.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
It was a shadow of its former self, really went downhill once Tim & Hell’s Belles left.
I had watched it from the beginning but gave up once I started to play golf on Saturday morning’s, I watched it once when golf was cancelled and it was awful, now I do appreciate I have seen the earlier episodes and am myself getting older so it may be clouding my judgement.

D

Deleted member 18121

I was gutted to hear this today. I’m 43 and like you have been a regular viewer for the majority of its run. I think the current format is great - bar the twin sisters, who do my head in. But they’re only a very recent addition. Will be a big miss for me.

My son (he's 10) and I have same opinion as you on them... Their characters are decent and skills not bad, but their voices hurt our ears.

I think the sketch each week that fenners does pretending to be Jeff is massively underrated, some properly funny stuff.

But I guess the world has moved on and how it digests football is different... I'll always have fond memories though.

Well, maybe not the Max Rushden years....😎

D

Deleted member 18121

I've never really watched it. I was never awake early enough on Saturdays. Seen plenty of clips from it though. I'm surprised they're getting rid of it. No wonder Bullard has gone full time on Tubes' golf YouTube channel, they'll have plenty of time together now.

Yeah all makes sense now, hence why tubes has got himself another gig... He's been there from the start.

MACM85

Visit site
Did he not also have a heart attack a few years back? That might have made him think about his work schedule.

I beleive he did have a heart attack. He was also an alcoholic which he discusses in the Golf Life videos in the early days. Now sober and staying off the booze

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bit sad to see it go as it had become a bit of an institution. That said, it rose to prominance durng the Loaded, Nuts and Zoo lad mag culture high and so I am surprised that it has lasted as long as it has considering the significant change in sensibilities since then.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Been 42 myself, I watched it every Saturday with Tim and Helen, once they stopped, I basically stopped watching it.
Socrrette was immense at the time 😂😂😂