So who's season starts tomorrow?

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My club has a medal on tomorrow, It will be a H/C qualifier. However, I'm working tomorrow and can't make it...We have qualifier comps the following 2 weeks which I will make. So officially my season has begun....

Anyone else starting in March or is it April for most?

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Winter season ends tomorrow with the climax of our winter fourball event. Three folk still in contention for the overall prize so that will be an exciting finish. Then a nice prize-dinner in the evening with all the other-halfs to round it off.

Season proper begins a week on Saturday with our first regular season qualifier. Let's see how the 'card-in-hand' syndrome survived the winter:)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's this "season" you're talking about. This morning I've just played my 21st qualifier of this calendar year (and I missed buffer by 1 shot).

Hendo007

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
it's April in the civilised normal golf calendar:rolleyes:

It's normally April for us but last year they squeezed a couple of medals in in March and it went down well with the members so this year thay have done the same, This week is a medal, next sat a bogey comp, the following sat is a stableford and the last saturday a texas scramble.

The season then kicks off properly in April with medal every week but its good that there are some in March, if the weather and course is ok then why not.

I envy these people that can play medals all year round !!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have comps all year round but most have been on temps so non-qualifiers. First one of the year on Sunday (stableford) so looking for a fast start in the pursuit of single figures and some form going into Blackmoor

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Foursomes tomorrow.

Great.

I love foursomes.

No. I lied. I just don't.

Best thing, two weeks time, and wow, yep, it's foursomes again.

D

Deleted member 15344

All the important stuff starts this weekend - the forum meets :D

Can't wait - going to be a cracking month meeting up with old and new friends , the banter , the side bets , the stories - everything that is great about golf

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Putting my 2nd card in tomorrow, can't wait to get the handicap sorted so I can get involved in the comps.
We have a match play comp starting in April that I'd love to enter

Break90

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our qualifiers start first week in April, then its medal qualifiers every week until end of October.

All the winter work on the courses will be finished by then and the championship tees will be on.

Can't wait.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say for the first time in ages I'm hitting it nicely and feel very happy with where my game is at. Kiss of death I know but this time last year I wasn't as confident with my game and still won the Southern KoK qualifier. Feel I have the potential to put a good defence up on Thursday (kiss of death again) but definitely on course for a good season. You see before you a happy happy Homer...for now

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Comps start next week, first 2 are team events. First h/c counter is April, and i feel a point 1 coming, unless a miracle happens. Praise the lord. :eek:ne:

Oxfordcomma

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ours started last week with the first medal, bit of a shock to the system playing from the back markers and having to play out every hole. Was a bit breezy on Sunday as well!

Great to be back playing with a card in hand though, we had a good laugh on our way round but I always think it adds to a round knowing that it counts for handicap. Came 3rd as well! 3 off the tee on the 17th cost me the win.:(