So what are you going to do instead?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, whilst we're on "partial" lockdown, and the Golf Courses are shut. What are you going to do instead of golf?

Me, as long as some deliveries are allowed, I'm going to set up my home brewing equipment and brew up some ales.. Been a few years, but some nice hoppy IPA's fermenting away in the garage should keep me out of trouble for a few months..

If they stop all deliveries (so I can't get my hops etc), then I'm going to learn the guitar finally.. And with a captive audience to play for as well.......

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
So far, I've been socializing on internet forums, getting depressed watching cable news, and getting a little bit of air walking my dog.
The dogs sniff noses to say hello but the humans stay at least six feet apart.
No hugs and kisses with friends, that's for sure.
Although you guys are British, not Italian, so you probably don't have much of that anyway.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Weeded the front and most of the back garden already. Will keep the lawns nice and trimmed, and probably wash and wax all the cars in the house. The joys of being furloughed.:cautious:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Been injured and not played, hopefully nearly over the injury (albeit have another small one too) and was about to start hitting balls again sigh

Been renovating the house pretty much full time for 18 mths, obviously all but finished and little left to do

No sports markets to bet/trade

So for me its exercise (mainly pilates, exercise bike and when Im feeling a bit stronger the kettlebells will come out)

Other than that trying to do some learning. Am already doing some further poker study using solvers (so so dull sadly) and am relearning how to play chess (having been stuffed by an old friend a handful of times online the last few nights!) If anyones really bad and wants a game on chess.com let me know!

Once the government finally issues the support its offering for self employed I will make sure Im fully versed in whats in there then will look to offer some advice/support for those using my accounting background. Am already doing a fair bit of reading on the small business help but seems to be a lot of help/support going that way already

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've ordered some jigsaw puzzles and I'm going to learn to knit. Neither are something I've ever done...bought a cracking little learn to knit kit a few weeks ago all ready for lockdown. Right now weather too nice so have been cycling but think Sunday the needles might be opened.

Knitting 1.jpgKnitting 2.jpg

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Can people who are going to DIY - yes, You Fragger - please be careful with your tools.
Now's not the best time to be going to a hospital with a cut, sliced or mashed finger or hand....
Take care eh..?(y)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I've locked myself in my room. So will master putting from 8 ft on a flat surface.

That's gotta help my game surely?
Also have exercise bike upstairs so will try and drop a little weight.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
So, whilst we're on "partial" lockdown, and the Golf Courses are shut. What are you going to do instead of golf?

Me, as long as some deliveries are allowed, I'm going to set up my home brewing equipment and brew up some ales.. Been a few years, but some nice hoppy IPA's fermenting away in the garage should keep me out of trouble for a few months..

If they stop all deliveries (so I can't get my hops etc), then I'm going to learn the guitar finally.. And with a captive audience to play for as well.......

Please give them my sympathy??