So I just bought this driver...

GOLFBALL_WHACKER_GUY

Challenge Tour Pro
www.sasroofing.co.uk
...on eBay for £30 delivered, it's a King cobra hs9 F/st 10 degree driver, right handed. Regular flex graphite shaft YS-5.6 speed tuned, mid kick 55g. All that means not a lot to me, but I'd like know if you don't mind?

Also, does £30 sound like good value for one of these? It's used but apart from the odd scratch it's in fine condition.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
£30 sounds good. Cobra drivers are excellent. 55g YS-design is a decent shaft too.
Nice :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the specs mean in the description above? Does it mean it's designed for a certain range of handicap?

The specs shown in the description above indicate that this driver is not, repeat not, to be used by anybody above a handicap of 13 or thereabouts.
If it is used by a higher handicapper, they could expect severe slicing or wild duck hooks, with the occasional topped or fatted shot thrown in for good measure.
They will invariably get fed up with trying to hit it properly and it will end up getting snapped over said high handicappers knee.
It is not recommended for you.

If you would like to sell it to somebody else to avoid this misery, might I suggest an asking price of about £10.00??
By the way, I am off 13 and have £10.00 spare.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what the specs mean in the description above? Does it mean it's designed for a certain range of handicap?

Well, i.m.o. it's not a bad choice for most levels of decent play.
The 5.6 shaft will be for swing speeds a little higher than maybe a short hitter (like me) but I used 5.5 shafts for a while and they were ok. Mid kick and stuff you can probably forget just now.
Ultimately, you might get on with it just great. If you see the letter "F" that also means for fast(er) swing speed and 10 degrees is not lots of loft.

Let me put it this way. This driver wouldn't suit me that well, but I could play with it. However, for a slightly stronger player it seems a good combination of loft/shaft.