Snooker question!!!

jammag

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If in theory the least amount of points I imagine would be 31 points. I work that out as if Player 1 Smashes the 15 reds n miraculously they all go in how ever the white then follows in a pocket so Player 2 gets 4 points. He then goes onto pot the colours of 27 points plus his 4 for the foul and bobs your uncle he ends up on 31 points.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
If in theory the least amount of points I imagine would be 31 points. I work that out as if Player 1 Smashes the 15 reds n miraculously they all go in how ever the white then follows in a pocket so Player 2 gets 4 points. He then goes onto pot the colours of 27 points plus his 4 for the foul and bobs your uncle he ends up on 31 points.

I think that could work. In theory though Player 2 would finish the winner after potting the pink and missing the black on 24 pts.

Who would come back to the table 24 pts down and with just the black left?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I took the question to be the least number of points scored between them rather than the v's score.
So still would say that 42 points no matter how it was worked out, be it 22 to 20 or 18 to 24... There is still only 15 reds at a point each then 27 points to be accumulated through potting the colours to finish.

jammag

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He said played until the end, so I assumed end being all balls potted, how ever you are correct in saying that a player could miss the black and possibly the pink and they wouldnt come back as they would need snookers.

As far as I am aware Paul what ever points you have still count at the point of the foul so even if you was on 140 with the black to go and here is a foul you would still win the frame 140-7

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
In theory what is the least amount of points that can be scored between 2players in a frame of snooker played out to the end. Answers on Sunday night.
It is possible to have no points scored & frame won as 12 foul points would not be considered points scored (you gota know snooker rules to work this one out)
All the balls potted in regulation play there would be 42 pts to be played for tho .. 15 reds & all the colours potted individualy that is..

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
All the reds potted without colours = 15
All the colours = 27

Total 42.

However, reds aren't re-spotted if you foul on them, so if you did, they'd be lost to the score, except one of the players would get 4 points....which would destroy the equation.

I'll stick with 42.

I'll also add that i.i.r.c. the lowest possible score between two players is 20-22 or 22-20.

I'll also add that if a player was to concede a frame after breaking, the opponent missing and then on his return throw in the towel, then the answer is ZERO.

other than those ideas, no clue. :)

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
'Potting all the balls' theory is 35.
Same reason as the people who answered 42 except the frame is technically over once there's only the black left with more than 7pts difference.

'15 reds off the lampshade and a foul' theory, I'll go with 24.
4 for the foul and 20 for the colours up to the pink.

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org

Correct. No point waiting to Sunday now.

mouth

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hang on, so what happened to the 14 points scored by P1 in that scenario? If it's the minimum score between them then that includes his points. Which, unless I've missed something, totals 45 points between them...

The 14 (actually 15) points scored by P1 would be annulled by the fact he can't score off a foul shot. The scenario dictates that they all went in on the same shot ie the foul one.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I'm with Gary as such that the black doesn't need to be potted to complete the frame.... seeing as the original question didn't say that ALL the balls had to be potted, only the frame 'played out to the end'.