Smooth Long Drivers

longdriverdownunder

Visit site
I'm starting to get into long drive. I've always watched a lot of smooth players, Ernie Els, Fred Couples, Louis Oosthuizen etc.

I've been watching a bit of Long Drive & see a lot of the guys Kyle Berkshire, Maurice Allen etc. all have these massive swings which seem very unorthodox when compared to a lot of other golfers.

Are there any players you guys could recommend to watch? Who have really good fundamental swings or even smoothish swings at the top level?

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Matt Nicole is well worth a look... if you're interested specifically in long driving.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
For me Jamie Sadlowski had one of the best looking long-drive swings.
He got a lot from his relatively small frame, certainly one to look at.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I'm starting to get into long drive. I've always watched a lot of smooth players, Ernie Els, Fred Couples, Louis Oosthuizen etc.

I've been watching a bit of Long Drive & see a lot of the guys Kyle Berkshire, Maurice Allen etc. all have these massive swings which seem very unorthodox when compared to a lot of other golfers.

Are there any players you guys could recommend to watch? Who have really good fundamental swings or even smoothish swings at the top level?
Fo Long Driving ...Yes
Joe Miller was often seen at the club I play most at, as his coach is based there. Not exactly a classic golf swing, though a 'normal' swing with an iron still went a very long way and he was a low single figure capper before going LD. He's a big lad!
Swing speed and body weight thru the ball is apparently the key. Sadlowski was something rare in that regard, having a relatively smooth swing, i an enormous arc!

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site

Drew Cooper has a smooth looking swing and hits it miles. Plenty of videos of him on Instagram and YouTube

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I started watching Kyle and his videos with Good Good/Bryson but my preferred LD YT’er now is Martin Borgmeier, his videos and his participation in Regecy (side channel of Bryson) are very educational. His interview with Rick Sheils is worth a listen too.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When you watch 'smooth' long hitting without super slomo video it is impossible to watch what actually happens in those last few inches immediately before impact.

It's is all about near perfect timing with maximum acceleration immediately before hitting the ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Plenty of videos out there but the one thing they all have in common is how they deliver the club. You need to get path and face working together but looking at these guys and even tour players to a certain extent how you swing doesn't matter as long as those vital inches towards impact are correct