Slight injury advice

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Last Saturday on our 12th hole found the fairway off the tee but the ball rolled into an unrepaired divot.

The divot was quite deep so I moved the ball further back in my stance an took a more lofted club, from memory a 9 iron, and proceeded to play the shot.

After the ball had gone, the club face entered the ground and got semi-stuck before the force of the swing pulled it through and jarred my wrist.

I have no pain in it day-to-day use and my wrist can support my weight with no pain and have full mobility, also with no pain at all. However on my back swing when my wrists hinge I get a dull pain in my wrist. I also get this pain at impact with irons when taking a divot (At the point og impacting the turf). I only have any pain when holding a club :D

Has anyone else experianced this?

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ice it. Probably slightly sprained the ligament in your wrist

Tried that Tiger.

I've been taking Ibuprofen (There is no visible swelling) as well as 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off with the ice for the last 6 days.

May just be one of those things that takes a little time to heal.

As an after thought. If I move the tip of my thumb (on my right hand) over the grip a little further there is no pain at all.

I just find it strange I only get the dull pain with club in hand.

Chris

Are you here all week? :D

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
If the issue is solely with club in hand and by adjusting your grip the pain goes away it might be a tendon problem. If you are really concerned it might be worth a trip to a physio but they're likely suggestion would be resting it.

If you've been icing and taking anti-inflammatories for six days then rest would be your next best option. Sorry I can't be of more help but this article may help you in your self diagnosis http://www.hughston.com/hha/a_13_3_1.htm

Hope it heals soon