Signs

Mattyboy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Driving around the M25 this week, I saw a traffic sign which said 'Sign not in use'. Well that's nice to know, I thought.

Anyone else seen any signs that seem pointless?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Driving round the M25 one beautiful, cloudless early summer morning (remember them?), all the signs said 'FOG'.:rolleyes:
And while we're on the subject why the hell do you need a sign to tell you its foggy?!? Would be more useful if it said 'put your lights on you bunch of morons'!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Driving around the M25 this week, I saw a traffic sign which said 'Sign not in use'. Well that's nice to know, I thought.

Anyone else seen any signs that seem pointless?

Any of these

menatwork2_2197896b.jpg

Then followed by 2 miles of cones, with no visible sign of any roadworks, or any work of any kind.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Driving round the M25 one beautiful, cloudless early summer morning (remember them?), all the signs said 'FOG'.:rolleyes:
And while we're on the subject why the hell do you need a sign to tell you its foggy?!? Would be more useful if it said 'put your lights on you bunch of morons'!

And if it was really foggy, would you be able to see the sign anyway?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The General Warning sign of a large Black ! in a red triangle makes me chuckle when the reason sign - the small one below that explains the need for the big one - has been removed by the local Thuggery...
I always think of it as "Beware Low-Flying Punctuation"...

I'm actually surprised that people see signs....you wouldn't believe it seeing how some of them drive...

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I did see a huge overhead freeway sign in America about the dangers of texting when driving.

It said to text a number for more info.:eek: (I have a pic somewhere)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Signs on the back of vans declaring that "for the protection of the environment, this vehicle is limited to 70mph"..

Really?
To the environment??

So the Law doesn't count then..........!!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My all time favourite [apologies to old timers]

Cafe Left Under Bridge........bloody careless.

Closely followed by.......Bag Your Own Manure.

Closely followed by ......Pick your own Strawberries.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
'Heavy Plant Crossing' always makes me think of The Day of the Triffids!

Once shared a house with a couple of Members of Parliament (different parties too, so 'interesting'). One of them, who actually became PM, acquired the sign that read 'Hump 40 Yards' from the road alongside the old Parliament Buildings!

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think "SLOW CHILDREN" needs punctuating!

"HEAVY PLANT CROSSING" I get an image something like Treebeard crossing the road somewhere up ahead! EDIT - I couldn't remember the film but Day of the Triffids

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's a small useless sign on every tee box of my home course. It's got the Hole number, Par and distance to the green on it. Like that information is going to make any difference to me. Would be much more use to have a sign on every tree telling me how far it is and which direction to get back to the hole I'm supposed to be playing.

D

Deleted member 18588

On the A5 North of Cannock there used to be signs :- "Warning Road Liable to Subsidence."

Sorry but if the road did suddenly subside what help would that warning have provided other than to tell you why your vehicle had suddenly disappeared into a bloody big hole..

wookie

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A few signs round our way were subtly defaced with lettering stickers by someone with bad taste in late 80s hip hop - including warning signs ICE! ice baby and STOP! Hammer-time:D