Should Ross and Brand pay?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anyone following the story? Not so long ago, I was on here saying Ross was a waste of money....seems a liability too.
As for the other bloke....he seems an arse that just "graces" our screens for no known reason to intelligent man.
You think of all the half decent folk who've gone down for "personal" issues (Frank Bough, Angus Deaton et al.) These guys were fired for drugs/sex/other scandals and never actually hurt anyone else.....or is my memory clouded?
Celebrities eh?

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
If anyone spoke about a female member of my family or a female friend of mine in such a disgusting and downright offensive way they would be in need of a bloody good dentist.

I will not tolerate that sort of filth being spoken when it comes to people I know.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I cant believe they got off so lightly RG, Russell Brand really is an arse, he has most of his lines written for him and this seems to be his own sense of humour rising to the top like a lump of sour cream. Id have expected more from jonathan Ross being older and moer experienced. I think some sort of public gesture is in order, be it charity work of John Sachs instruction or something equally repentant.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is a sign of the times where celebs think there are no boundaries. I would love to see them bagged but we all know that some other shower of sh1te will pay them mi££ions to do their shows.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its todays extreme and grotesque side of this culture we have to endure all too often. I used to think Ross really funny in his early days but watched him over time become a complete tit! I never went out of my way to watch him in the past but enjoyed what I saw, but nowadays I WILL GO OUT OF MY WAY NOT TO WATCH HIM! As for Brand, I have always thought of him as an immature teen trying to make it with no endearing tallent, yet achieving celeb status for being completely crap! If someone like brand actually has a following or a popularity value worthy of TV coverage it just shows how bloody awful this society really is.

Now that was my rant!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The trouble with these two peasents is that all this exposure is what they're after. it raises their profile and keeps them in the public eye.

Never liked either of them anyway and as far as I'm concerned neither of them are fit to wipe mine!!!!!

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Hate Brand with vengeance. It’s just filth that comes out his mouth, it always has been from the start. Honestly I have never had the notion to laugh at any of his c$ap. As long as non-celebrities like Jack Ozborne and Callum Best get a job the only thing to do is turn off every time they come on. Ross, I can live with, just.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
how on earth did they think that this was 'entertainment', and, supposedly, a 'senior executive' deemed it suitable for broadcast.

Pay? Brand might, Ross won't and the 'senior executive' will, doubtless, never be named.

bring back Noel Edmonds - at least his phone call stunts had an element of humour - remember the farmer being told he'd been allocated a stretch of the M1 to keep clear of snow?

time_vans

Head Pro
Visit site
witnessed brands lack of ability when guested on 'have i got news..' totally out of his depth against the superior wit of merton and hislop...as for woss.....he took offence at the bo selecta chap suggesting he had 'a disabled mouth'...seems like his brain has joined his mouth.

big_russ

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Brand is an absolute pratt. From the moment i first saw him on Big Brother i thought he was totally unoriginal and spouted so much tripe. He is in the same league as Amy Winehoouse and Pete Dogherty who are also a waste of space.
J Ross was at one time pretty funny but has recently gone in the wrong direction.
Why do these people feel that there are no boundaries and they can insult people in this way with their grotesque sense of humour, which in reality is as far from funny as i am from Tiger Woods.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well, they make me feel good. It's not often I get to feel superior to other people, but when I inadvertently come across Brand or Ross I really feel good about myself.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
discussing this on radio five this morning. you can see the walls going up already, 'oh I thought it was a bit of fun', 'it's where comedy is now', 'Andrew Sachs is fair game as he did Manuel' etc.
abuse (other than of a spammer) has never been funny

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Ross can be an intelligent and decent broadcaster but unfortunately his ego is now in full control of his mind. After tax, his BBC salary is around £70,000 a week.

Brand is just making hay/money whilst his looks and hair last and is an arse of the highest order.

Unfortunately as Madandra said, if the BBC sack them they'll just get snapped up by other broadcasters keen to exploit their enhanced fame.

The big villain here is the BBC who should never have let this be broadcast.

B

birdieman

They were stupid and immature, particularly Woss but the witch-hunt side of it is ridiculous. Only 1 person complained on the day, the press make a story and all of a sudden there are 30,000+ complaints.
Brand isn't funny but thinks he is - nothing worse. Ross's radio 2 show can be very good however.