Shotscope V2

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Looking at the Shotscope V2 as I'm a bit of an analytics anorak.

I've read mixed reviews but overall the vibe is positive.

The only flaw I can see in the kit is the bulkiness of the watch. Being the owner of relatively thin wrists I'm conscious that the watch would look bloody daft on my arm!
Not actually seen one in the flesh yet. (Just decided I may be in the market)
Any owners out there? Are they bulky bits of kit? Overall, are they a good buy?

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
It is big but if you use a golf watch it doesn’t feel outrageous. Not a great battery life but good bit of kit if you don’t mind the after round editing.

mteam

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I really like mine it just works without any faffing about

When I first got it I thought that looks a bit big but I dont even notice that its on when I'm playing

I tend to not need much after round editing maybe once every couple of rounds it doesnt pick up a tee shot so I just change it from driver to whichever club I've used saying that if I dont do any practise swings so that could be a reason

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had one for a while and found then watch bulky. But then I don't wear a watch normally so anything would have.
Only issue I had was the unit missing so many shots.
I queried it with Shotscope and their solution was to take more practice strokes...
I tend not to take any practice strokes and didn't want to disrupt my normal PSR so sold it on.

Do you take practice strokes?

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Arccos caddy a little expensive but works great,.you do need to play with your phone in your pocket, game golf live is good too but you need to tap each shot, shot scope v2 is a good system but the poor battery life makes its longevity an issue

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I had one for a while and found then watch bulky. But then I don't wear a watch normally so anything would have.
Only issue I had was the unit missing so many shots.
I queried it with Shotscope and their solution was to take more practice strokes...
I tend not to take any practice strokes and didn't want to disrupt my normal PSR so sold it on.

Do you take practice strokes?

I had exact the same response when I complained to Shotscope, take practice swings or waggle the club more. I dont use the system but found the watch quite good as a dmd but the battery life is not brilliant

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
Seen some good deals for the Game Golf unit. I personally don't see tagging the club to be too much of an issue. Guess you could include it as part of your PSR. Transponder doesn't appear to be too bulky and can be worn on the belt. Ooh, decisions!
I'll take a look in the Pro shop tomorrow before my round, see what he's got.