Shortest period a club has been in the bag?

SugarPenguin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Recently bought the cobra King driving iron with a graphite shaft

I didn't get fit for it just hit it at the range and then again at an AG and ordered from my club pro. Absolutely loved it went a mile with a nice easy swing.

On the course cannot hit it for toffee. I duff every shot with it and I'm seriously regretting my purchase. I like driving irons as I struggle with hybrids so it seemed like the perfect club.

Thinking of getting rid but Iv had it for 3 rounds.....

Anything you have got rid of after buying recently ?

Last edited:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cleveland classic woods.

Great to look at but they were hook machines in my hands at the time.

I could probably play them now right enough but back then they just hit boomerangs.

2 rounds at the most.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I chopped and changed drivers a lot early this year - the shortest stay was my mate's R15 I borrowed for like 5 rounds, but as it was borrowed I suppose that doesn't count. The ones I bought were lasting a couple of months at least before I went to the next one.

xcore

Head Pro
Visit site
Probly a month, put a 4 hybrid in, just can't get along with it so back to my 4 iron.

how much for the driving iron btw?!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
the three 18 deg hybrids ive had recently. Adams Titleist and Mizuno. adams i don't had more than one round Titeist and mizuno have had 2 tops

lex!

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
A couple of years ago I bought an Odyssey 2 Ball putter and I had a horrendous round with it first time out. I took it back to the club shop and actually got my money back on it.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ping I15 irons, lasted 7 holes, was out one eve for a practice after getting them, only an ebay job years back, but just hated them, the offset in the longer clubs was horrid, just didnt suit me at all!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
A month or two ago my mate decided he wanted some Ping K15 irons I think they were. He bought them, tried them down the range and said they were useless, he couldn't hit with them. He sold them before they even saw a course.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A Ping Crossover that was back in the hands of AG after one round

I borrowed one from our Pro, took it out for 9 holes and hit it great. Went back and bought it, never hit another decent shot with it, chucked in the garage after 3 miserable rounds and a couple of awful sessions at the range.

sold it last month on eBay for half what I paid for it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Recently bought the cobra King driving iron with a graphite shaft

I didn't get fit for it just hit it at the range and then again at an AG and ordered from my club pro. Absolutely loved it went a mile with a nice easy swing.

On the course cannot hit it for toffee. I duff every shot with it and I'm seriously regretting my purchase. I like driving irons as I struggle with hybrids so it seemed like the perfect club.

Thinking of getting rid but Iv had it for 3 rounds.....

Anything you have got rid of after buying recently ?

If you can hit it brilliant on the range then you can hit it brilliant on the course. Why dump what is clearly a good club for you just because your golf course swing doesn't match your range swing? Why not persevere - it's as if you expect the club to hit the shot despite your swing. Why not work at it until you can hit it on the course as well as you hit it on the range - because when you can then you yourself will have clearly improved your game.

As you might expect from the above I have never dumped a club because it didn't work for me straight away. There have been some that I have struggled with but I have persevered and found that in all cases the problem was my swing - the club was just highlighting the swing issue. A bit of tweaking here and there - and hey presto.

Last edited:

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Wilson DeepRed 3 wood and 5 wood. Bought them on ebay for 5 € each, played one round with them. I think the 3 wood stayed in my bag a bit longer, because I did not have another one at the time, but I hardly ever used it. The 5 wood was replaced right away with a Dunlop 5 wood (also an ebay find) which worked a lot better.

I also had a cheap 25° hybrid (I think it cost 15 € brand new or something like that). Awful club, very heavy and unbalanced. I reverted back to my trusty old Cleveland Halo right away.

At the moment I have a Callaway 60° cavity back wedge sitting in my locker. It's fate is undecided yet, and it jumps in and out of my bag. In that case it is less the fault of the club, though, but more that of an incompetent player. I can chip with it quite well, but whenever I try to hit more of a pitch with it, it digs straight into the ground. Absolutely no bounce on it, just not meant for my kind of pitching motion, I think.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wilson DD6+ Driver bought new after trying one at a demo day. 3 rounds. Donated to my son. Replaced with a DD6 with a different shaft.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
M1 driver and 3 wood lasted about 3 rounds.

Took advantage of AG's 30 day guarantee and swapped them for Titleist 917 equivalents.

The driver is still in the bag but the 3 wood has only had about 3 rounds dotted over the last 6 months. Every time I think it might oust my XR, play a round with it and realise I don't hit it as well.