Shooting in Utrecht

D

Deleted member 15344

Awful news and hearts out to the victims and their families , i hope this isn’t a revenge attack of sort -and not the start of further attacks across Europe. Hope they catch the terrorist soon

D

Deleted member 15344

LBC now reporting that this is possibly a Muslim honour killing that’s gone badly wrong! Still a terrible thing but not a terrorist act.

How do they know that when he has just been caught - right now motive or cause or his beliefs is unknown , the shooting did take place close to a mosque which right now is the only known connection to Muslims

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
LBC now reporting that this is possibly a Muslim honour killing that’s gone badly wrong! Still a terrible thing but not a terrorist act.
Also similar on BBC (family motive) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47615231
Same on Sky (family reasons) https://news.sky.com/story/utrecht-tram-shooting-suspected-gunman-arrested-11669641

If the main news sources are reporting similar it's possible there is an element of truth in it. To be honest though, it's still a waste of life and a harrowing experience for those caught up in it.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
How do they know that when he has just been caught - right now motive or cause or his beliefs is unknown , the shooting did take place close to a mosque which right now is the only known connection to Muslims

I don’t know Phil maybe it’s her brother/uncle/cousin? That’s the way it normally goes with Muslim honour murders. I know it don’t suit your Virtue signalling as the defender of the Muslim community, but if I was you I would hold tight before you saddle up the old high horse.?

D

Deleted member 15344

I don’t know Phil maybe it’s her brother/uncle/cousin? That’s the way it normally goes with Muslim honour murders. I know it don’t suit your Virtue signalling as the defender of the Muslim community, but if I was you I would hold tight before you saddle up the old high horse.?

So far someone who wasn’t there said it was possibly family issues - yet you post that people are saying it’s a Muslim honour killing ? How can a motive be known before he is even caught ?

Defender of the Muslim Community ? That’s really poor

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
So far someone who wasn’t there said it was possibly family issues - yet you post that people are saying it’s a Muslim honour killing ? How can a motive be known before he is even caught ?

Defender of the Muslim Community ? That’s really poor

And that’s all I posted.... that news agencies were reporting it was an Honour killing, they don’t just make this stuff up you know? there would have been a strong lead to make them say it. And i’m Sure the press wouldn’t have held back if it was a Muslim fundamentalist.

Don’t understand your last sentence? I know you tag “poor” onto every 2nd thing you say but that’s lost on me!

D

Deleted member 15344

And that’s all I posted.... that news agencies were reporting it was an Honour killing, they don’t just make this stuff up you know? there would have been a strong lead to make them say it. And i’m Sure the press wouldn’t have held back if it was a Muslim fundamentalist.

Don’t understand your last sentence? I know you tag “poor” onto every 2nd thing you say but that’s lost on me!

And I just asked how can they know the motive of the killer before he was caught ? The police were calling it a possible terrorist attack - they can’t call it anything yet until he was caught then they can find out but seems a few early judgments have been made

Do you have a link to the news reports of it being a Muslim Honor Killing ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
And I just asked how can they know the motive of the killer before he was caught ? The police were calling it a possible terrorist attack - they can’t call it anything yet until he was caught then they can find out but seems a few early judgments have been made

I already posted links to both Sky and BBC saying they think its "family related". No mention of it being a direct honour killing. Seems both main news channels going with the same angle so they must have information from one source or another

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Phil I’m not sure what you are driving at here, I posted that LBC was reporting that it was possibly an honour killing, they had some Dutch guy on live from Utrecht, I commented it was a tragedy but was glad it wasn’t a terrorist incident, Homer has posted that other mainstream news agencies are reporting that it’s a “Family issue” so what are you banging on about here?...coz tbh it seems that you are trying to be offended by something but I am struggling to see at what?

D

Deleted member 15344

Phil I’m not sure what you are driving at here, I posted that LBC was reporting that it was possibly an honour killing, they had some Dutch guy on live from Utrecht, I commented it was a tragedy but was glad it wasn’t a terrorist incident, Homer has posted that other mainstream news agencies are reporting that it’s a “Family issue” so what are you banging on about here?...coz tbh it seems that you are trying to be offended by something but I am struggling to see at what?

Ok - I’m not driving at anything , I was just asking you a question about your statement in regards the Muslim Honour Killing suspicions

You said LBC ( I don’t know who they are ) we’re reporting that it was a Muslim Honor Killing possibly , now the reports I have seen and read from the police say it’s a possible terrorist incident due to his suspected links to IS and previous arrests , also an eye witness stated that he was shooting wildly so that doesn’t appear target and more just wanted to kill people. There was also one person who said it could be “family issues” - that’s all that’s been said

So I asked a question - How can they decide it’s possibly a Muslim Honor Killing before he has been caught to find out his motive ? That’s all i asked and you then said that news agencies were reporting it was a Muslim Honour Killing so I asked if you having any links so i could read it because I can’t find anything that reports that ?
They are all saying the same - police say possible terrorist incident - a prosecutor saying possibly family issues - nothing about Muslim Honour Killing.

It just doesn’t seem right to post up stuff that hasn’t been confirmed or even suggested by anyone Bar this LBC you mention ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ok - I’m not driving at anything , I was just asking you a question about your statement in regards the Muslim Honour Killing suspicions

You said LBC ( I don’t know who they are ) we’re reporting that it was a Muslim Honor Killing possibly , now the reports I have seen and read from the police say it’s a possible terrorist incident due to his suspected links to IS and previous arrests , also an eye witness stated that he was shooting wildly so that doesn’t appear target and more just wanted to kill people. There was also one person who said it could be “family issues” - that’s all that’s been said

So I asked a question - How can they decide it’s possibly a Muslim Honor Killing before he has been caught to find out his motive ? That’s all i asked and you then said that news agencies were reporting it was a Muslim Honour Killing so I asked if you having any links so i could read it because I can’t find anything that reports that ?
They are all saying the same - police say possible terrorist incident - a prosecutor saying possibly family issues - nothing about Muslim Honour Killing.

It just doesn’t seem right to post up stuff that hasn’t been confirmed or even suggested by anyone Bar this LBC you mention ?

You have never heard of LBC? I’m calling BS on you on that.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LBC

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t know who LBC is ? Why would I ? -

but that has nothing to with the subject -do you have the links to the news agencies who are reporting the Honour Killing suspicion as opposed to the possible terrorist attack

As you say hopefully it’s not a terrorist revenge attack

Because half of the stuff you spout is their kind of bear baiting way of reporting so if the boot fits 👌