Shafts

Latty08

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a RBz driver which I have been struggling to hits straight,well it starts straight but then fades right

It is is fitted with a stiff matrix ozik does can anyone help if I change the shaft to a better make will help me out with my hitting

Also my old driver was ping k15 which was great

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Doubt if a different shaft will make much difference(Maybe wrong though). Sounds more like a swing thing. Is it just a fade or a slice. If it is just a fade set up on the right hand side of the tee box. Aim to the left and let the ball, fade back to the center of the fairway. Gives you the whole fairway to play with.

Latty08

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think I slice more of the time I think maybe were I had a reg shaft in my k15 and going to a stiff shaft in my RBz

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is is fitted with a stiff matrix ozik does can anyone help if I change the shaft to a better make .....

I have this shaft and it provides me a super long draw......so I guess it's a swing thing as suggested. You may find a better match, but are unlikely to find a complete 'solution' from the shaft alone.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe the shaft is to stiff then. But I'm no expert on shafts. Ethan is your man for shafts. I only tend to know what I like really.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Starts straight - Face Angle is correct. Fades - Swing path Out to In.

It's your swing, not the shaft. Absolutely nothing wrong with Matrix as a brand, though unsure whether quality has stayed ultra-high since getting into the 'Made for' market, Those I've hit have felt pretty good though.

Regular may help distance, but you may find you lose control - hitting bad shots both left and right.

How fast do you swing - how far on a good hit? And what sort of swing do you have - smooth, aggressive? How much do you weigh? Athletic? Quick hands?

Lots of different parameters as to what shaft might be 'best' for you - at the moment, let alone in the future. Changeable shafts do give you the facility to try things out though.

Good Luck

BTW. If your K15 was 'great', why did you change? :confused:

Last edited:

Latty08

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Had a go of someone's at my club loved was hit it lovely down the range when I bourght it,any surguestion on a different shaft.

T

thecraw

Had a go of someone's at my club loved was hit it lovely down the range when I bourght it,any surguestion on a different shaft.

I suggest a lesson in the Queens own English for a start!