Shaft question - hybrid in a 3 wood

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi guys,

Have looked online and can't find much on this. I have a titleist 910 3 wood with Diamana 'ilima 71 regular shaft. I am looking for a stiff shaft to replace it. I have found the following DIAMANA ILIMA 70 stiff, but it is a hybrid shaft instead of a 3 wood shaft.

Would this be playable, would i notice a difference in distance/accuracy?

The shaft is cheap but i don't really want to waste the money on it if its not going to work out.

Any thoughts or comments much appreciated.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
its a different shaft entirely. it would play mega stiff in a fairway. it would probably be to thick at the tip too and a pig to fit it.

the difference in between regular and stiff in the ilima isn't too much so don't expect a massive difference from what you already have.

Last edited:

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
its a different shaft entirely. it would play mega stiff in a fairway. it would probably be to thick at the tip too and a pig to fit it.

the difference in between regular and stiff in the ilima isn't too much so don't expect a massive difference from what you already have.

Thanks for the advice hovis. Managed to get a new shaft for it today, at a second hand place outside edinburgh. Only cost £20 as well.