Sex sells.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 23270

I've seen the jazzy golfer and Mia Baker on social media recently. Both keen golfers but bang average ability wise yet both have been signed up as ambassadors and given various contracts. Just so happens that both are very attractive with fit bodies. Thought in this day and age it was wrong to sexualise women. Unless of course it suits them. Total hypocrisy.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, I am sure this thread won’t end up as a dustbin fire!

as for the two of them, if they get more woman/girls involved in the sport, then fair play. why shouldn’t they be rewarded for work they do in raising the profile of the game to others who may not give it a chance due to the games stuffy image

D

Deleted member 23270

I'm all in favour of raising the profile of the game but do you think they would get the same exposure if they were 18st and looked like they've been hit by a bus?

D

Deleted member 21258

They are in the entertainment business, not sure they need to be great golfers as such.

As normal nowadays, the entertainment business tends to be full of attractive people(edit I do mean ie. male and females).

D

Deleted member 23270

The Jazzy Golfer has done a lot to promote womens golf and getting more women into the game at grassroots so I think she's done a good job and any benefits and remuneration she gets are deserved
Kind words, guess she hasn't blocked you on social media yet ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just had a quick look at their profiles (purely for research purposes :p) and neither seem to be skimpily dressed or using their body/looks to sell their profiles. Yes, they are young and attractive but I think it is a bit harsh to say they are using their sexuality and looks to get a better profile

D

Deleted member 15344

Jazzy Golfer very much started out wearing clothes that highlighted areas , early days she very much blunt about it - she was trying to be a role model for getting women into golf but using using her “joggers” to attract people.

She got popular but there was a spat with numerous people when she got a sponsership deal with a company and it was along the lines of using her looks to gain followers etc

Now where I think she has done well is she has used that following etc to start up lots of “get into golf” groups etc for younger girls and it’s very active now

But there is no doubt imo if she didn’t wear the bright tight joggers and tops she wouldn’t popular

the perfect example is Paige whatever her name is - has a host of sponserships bigger than most of the top players in the ladies game

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Jazzy Golfer very much started out wearing clothes that highlighted areas , early days she very much blunt about it - she was trying to be a role model for getting women into golf but using using her “joggers” to attract people.

She got popular but there was a spat with numerous people when she got a sponsership deal with a company and it was along the lines of using her looks to gain followers etc

Now where I think she has done well is she has used that following etc to start up lots of “get into golf” groups etc for younger girls and it’s very active now

But there is no doubt imo if she didn’t wear the bright tight joggers and tops she wouldn’t popular

the perfect example is Paige whatever her name is - has a host of sponserships bigger than most of the top players in the ladies game

Don’t pretend you don’t know her name ?

D

Deleted member 29109

Did you accidentally wander in from the Daily Mail comment section again?

I’m sure you’ll get a full set of likes from the usual suspects to give your fragile ego a little boost.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never thought of Jazzy Golfer as being on the same level as Paige Spiranac and the like. I just thought she was a keen amateur who'd built up a decent following on Instagram - obviously she is easy on the eye but you could argue that for a vast number of celebrities in all walks of life and for both sexes really. Would Nick Dougherty be heading up Sky's coverage if he wasn't such a handsome chap? Probably not.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think you need to look at it a but wider. Rick Shiels had a contract with Nike. Is he the greatest golfer, not really so did he get the contract based on looks or because he has a large social media following that is of benefit to the companies involved. The Golf Mates, 2 of them are fully kitted out by Mizuno, hotels and courses give them some freebies and they are not good golfers. Again, is that based on looks or based on social media following. Just becasue a woman who gets a sponsorship is attractive does not mean that she got the sponsorship for that reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: SyR

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think you need to look at it a but wider. Rick Shiels had a contract wiht Nike. Is the greatest golfer, not really so did he get the contract based on looks or because he has a large social media following that is of benefit to the companies involved. The Golf Mates, 2 of them are fully kitted out by Mizuno, hotels and courses give them some freebies and they are not good golfers. Again, is that based on looks or based on social media following. Just becasue a woman who gets a sponsorship is attractive does not mean that she got the sponsorship for that reason.
Indeed, Cobra sponsors Bad Golf and Tubes Golf Life. If you have a large following sponsors will be interested, it doesn't matter why.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
I've seen the jazzy golfer and Mia Baker on social media recently. Both keen golfers but bang average ability wise yet both have been signed up as ambassadors and given various contracts. Just so happens that both are very attractive with fit bodies. Thought in this day and age it was wrong to sexualise women. Unless of course it suits them. Total hypocrisy.
You have a low bar if think those 2 are the worst ??

"Paige whatever her name is" least believable line of the day ????????

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
I think were massively underestimating the work put in to get the followers, its practically a full time job. Have to admit Ive never been a fan of "Jazzy" and dont enjoy her content at all. But I absolutely accept others do, and can only commend how shes leveraged her following for the right reasons.

If shes managed to turn a crowd of leering middle aged blokes into the funding for growing the ladies game then more power to her.

I've got zero interest in watching beginners hack it round, but if I was a beginner just getting into golf, I'd be hugely interested in just how other beginners are getting on, how to improve, how to join clubs etc etc. I think its a good fit...

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Just had a look at Mia

canny her like

Also her swing improvement montage from 2020 to now is superb I reckon everyone on here would love to see that kind of progress wish I could swing it like her now

D

Deleted member 23270

I've never thought of Jazzy Golfer as being on the same level as Paige Spiranac and the like. I just thought she was a keen amateur who'd built up a decent following on Instagram - obviously she is easy on the eye but you could argue that for a vast number of celebrities in all walks of life and for both sexes really. Would Nick Dougherty be heading up Sky's coverage if he wasn't such a handsome chap? Probably not.
You're comparing a tour winner with an 18 handicapper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.