Sex discrimination in golf

I've seen a LET player at my course a few times this year. She plays from the whites like me. But some people think that she should have to play off the reds because she is a woman? And she's being disrespectful by turning up as a visitor and playing off the whites instead of the reds? The course is over 1,000 yards shorter off the red tees, but yes she should know her place and stick to where she belongs. The kitchen :rolleyes:
Just after the first lock down, we had a very famous LET and LPGA tour player visit our course, she shot 68 off the whites. I've only heard pride from our member's that she chose to visit our members club and no critisim of her playing off the "men's tee's.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Technically, yes, IF both sets of tees have been rated for ladies of course. If so, adjustments would be made to their handicaps to take into account the differences in Course Ratings and the Slopes.

Not surprised most ladies prefer playing off the reds though. At our last club, many of the Seniors comps were off yellows, as apparently many of the Seniors refused to play off whites.
In this scenario, how would the system know that one lady played off reds and another off yellows within the same comp?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Tough! Grow up, there’s nothing I wouldn’t say on here I wouldn’t say to your face.

You want to explain post #296 and show me his response!

No answer to post #301 either, just an edit to my response to harpo.

Never you, always the victim.
Why do you need your replies to be validated? People that have liked those posts clearly see some merit to my points. Maybe ask them because I’m not in the habit of explaining my every thought to someone who is just trying to be argumentative in the typical “play the man, not the ball” way.

Kellfire

Blackballed
He may be wrong but without doubt your posting style puts so many people's backs up and Paul is quite correct on that matter
Well in this case I asked Phil a question and while the tone of his response was a tad petulant at least he responded. Which is more than you or Paul above had contributed to my points. So hey ho.

Swango1980

In this scenario, how would the system know that one lady played off reds and another off yellows within the same comp?
When the player registers for the round, they will be registered to a particular set of tees. Personally, I've not played in any comps where ladies (or men) can play of different sets of tees, so not sure how the admin works within the various ISVs in terms of how the club set it up, and what the player sees when registering if they have the option to pick the tees. If you genuinely need to know from a club admin side, there is a thread on the Expert Forum in which you should get a pretty quick answer.

chrisd

Major Champion
Well in this case I asked Phil a question and while the tone of his response was a tad petulant at least he responded. Which is more than you or Paul above had contributed to my points. So hey ho.
Like many on here I see your posts and try to ignore them, just occasionally I feel the need to say what I feel when I read something you've written. I do the same when Phil gets on his high horse but let's be fair, you dont give a stuff what anybody thinks of your views and debating with you is pointless.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Like many on here I see your posts and try to ignore them, just occasionally I feel the need to say what I feel when I read something you've written. I do the same when Phil gets on his high horse but let's be fair, you dont give a stuff what anybody thinks of your views and debating with you is pointless.
I asked the question to understand why Phil doesn’t think it’s ok to challenge established norms at golf clubs.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Why do you need your replies to be validated? People that have liked those posts clearly see some merit to my points. Maybe ask them because I’m not in the habit of explaining my every thought to someone who is just trying to be argumentative in the typical “play the man, not the ball” way.
I don’t need my points validated, but if I was directly responded to and had my post questioned I’d at least explain my point or apologise if I was wrong.

As for taking posters liking your post as somehow seeing some merit in said post and not them “playing the man” (who your post is about) is forum gold.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kellfire

Blackballed
I don’t need my points validated, but if I was directly responded to and had my post questioned I’d at least explain my point or apologise if I was wrong.

As for taking posters liking your post as somehow seeing some merit in said post and not them “playing the man” (who your post is about) is forum gold.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Good emojis. Cheers.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
A private club near me has a poster at the entrance with the message 'Get into golf' with pictures of men, women and kids.
Let's make golf totally inclusive and throw away the exclusivity still enjoyed by many courses which belongs to a different age.
Introduce trial memberships for all if they haven't already done so.
But I hear some of you say, we need membership limits, we need high standards, little people don't know how to behave, they might hack our precious course to pieces and become disruptive.
To that I say, just throw them out if they do.

chrisd

Major Champion
I asked the question to understand why Phil doesn’t think it’s ok to challenge established norms at golf clubs.
That has nothing to do with why I posted.

I commented on Paul's quite correct view that your posting style is designed to, and I quote, "kellfire’s motivation is once again to put others down by trying to look clever" and was nothing to do with the substance of the argument with Phil.

You just come across as a poor mans Ethan

BiMGuy

Kellfire asked a perfectly reasonable question in a perfectly reasonable manner.

The outrage is laughable considering many people think that blatant discrimination is okay, as long as you discriminate against a whole group of people. And that its fine if it says so in the club rules.

I wonder which forum members have been or are committee members who make these rules?

Kellfire

Blackballed
That has nothing to do with why I posted.

I commented on Paul's quite correct view that your posting style is designed to, and I quote, "kellfire’s motivation is once again to put others down by trying to look clever" and was nothing to do with the substance of the argument with Phil.

You just come across as a poor mans Ethan
I think this is the definition of playing the man and not the ball. It doesn’t matter what I say, you always look for offence in it. That must be tiring.

pauldj42

Money List Winner
Kellfire asked a perfectly reasonable question in a perfectly reasonable manner.

The outrage is laughable considering many people think that blatant discrimination is okay, as long as you discriminate against a whole group of people. And that its fine if it says so in the club rules.

I wonder which forum members have been or are committee members who make these rules?
There’s no outrage, so please let’s not over react.
I’m very sorry, but Kellfire’s question wasn’t reasonable, he know’s exactly what he posted and he knows enough about the military to know that isn’t how they work, he has stated his anti-military views numerous times on here and approx 3 posts prior to the one I answered he tried to belittle Phil.

I am in no way friendly or a mate of Phil’s but he certainly doesn’t deserve his service being questioned.

If anything, Kellfire’s continous snidey, smart ar5e comments are a form of trolling and mental bullying imo.

Maybe he should think of others mental health and were they are in their life before posting as he does.

chrisd

Major Champion
I think this is the definition of playing the man and not the ball. It doesn’t matter what I say, you always look for offence in it. That must be tiring.
No, it's not always what you say that I find offensive its the way you say it when trying to look superior in intellect to people who disagree with you, if that's not playing the ball so be it.

The only thing that I find tiring is wondering why you do it !

Kellfire

Blackballed
No, it's not always what you say that I find offensive its the way you say it when trying to look superior in intellect to people who disagree with you, if that's not playing the ball so be it.

The only thing that I find tiring is wondering why you do it !
In this case I simply asked Phil a question. I guess you are the sort of person who finds being questioned demeaning? That’s incredibly arrogant which oddly I bet is something you’d accuse me of being.

chrisd

Major Champion
In this case I simply asked Phil a question. I guess you are the sort of person who finds being questioned demeaning? That’s incredibly arrogant which oddly I bet is something you’d accuse me of being.
I pointed out earlier it was nothing to do with Phil and you, or about being questioned, it was in support of Pauls comment about your posting style which always seems to have a personal put down for anyone who questions you. See post#333

Kellfire

Blackballed
I pointed out earlier it was nothing to do with Phil and you, or about being questioned, it was in support of Pauls comment about your posting style which always seems to have a personal put down for anyone who questions you. See post#333
You mean the post in which you insult me and Ethan?