Senior Tour anyone??

V

vkurup

Last week, I won some minor silverware. My HC is still bouncing between 24-26. However, that does not stop from thinking about how I can make a killing by being on Tour (did I hear laughter)..

...Anyways, moving from the totally unrealistic to the slightly less unrealistic. How does one get onto the Senior tour? I think the cut off age is 50. It gives me about 15 yrs to pay off the mortgage (more laughter), sort out the wife n kids, reduce the handicap (still more laughter).

Some thoughts when everyone has finished laughing..

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
My father-in-law plays on the seniors tour and it's tough. Some of the guys playing on there could still be playing the main tour if they wanted. Decent money kicking around keeps them coming back though.
But it's great going to the events with him to be on the bag and mingling with the old greats.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are resident club champion at a good club, consistently beat most of the other amateurs in your region like a drum, and are sufficiently independently wealthy to survive without making a bean for a couple of years, then it may be worth considering. Otherwise it is probably a fantasy.

Edit: Just saw the 24 h'cap bit. You have probably more chance of being the next James Bond after Daniel Craig gives it up.

Last edited:
V

vkurup

Otherwise it is probably a fantasy.

Probably will continue being a fantasy.. but no harm thinking about it.

Need to get a job in Banking. Once I am bailed out, I would need some place to spend the money..

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Bankers are fine, some of my best friends are in the banking world. In fact there's even one on this forum but I promise not to say who.

Captain Caveman

V

vkurup

Bankers are fine, some of my best friends are in the banking world. In fact there's even one on this forum but I promise not to say who.

Acc to the media, bankers do not live in the real world. We might as well live in a cave..

V

vkurup

On a more serious note.. how does one qualify for the senior tour? Do you have to play the regular in order to be on the senior?