Self Assesment

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've completed my online tax return about a 10 days ago and got all the way through until right at the end it wouldn't let me submit it, saying there was a problem with the system, try again later. I've tried several times since and just get the same message. There is a phone number to ring if the problem persists, I've rung it and it's dead. Has anybody else had similar issues please?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've completed my online tax return about a 10 days ago and got all the way through until right at the end it wouldn't let me submit it, saying there was a problem with the system, try again later. I've tried several times since and just get the same message. There is a phone number to ring if the problem persists, I've rung it and it's dead. Has anybody else had similar issues please?

Did mine the other day. No problems for me.

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
I did ours (paper copy) in early dec just after the deadline for returning and missed the note regarding online

DOH! ................. £ 200.00 fine

I have appealed but not holding out much hope - hard lesson learnt

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I once did mine in early June I think it was. I was a more conservative November this time. Overly complicated, you sit at 5-10% completed for an age and then suddenly 98%. I'm pleased I do not have a complicated situation.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I did ours (paper copy) in early dec just after the deadline for returning and missed the note regarding online

DOH! ................. £ 200.00 fine

I have appealed but not holding out much hope - hard lesson learnt

One year I did mine online and didn't hit the submit button at the end after downloading and checking the PDF of my return - got a fine (think it was £100) and phoned up to tell them what I'd done - they checked my return and waived the fine - I've always found the help people at HMRC really helpful

D

Deleted member 21258

...I got a blooming rebate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When do those new Pings come out??

If you completed the section, normally pops out about 7 days later but HMRc say allow 28 days before phoning them to chase it.

Done quite a few this month due to clients being late, no problems.

If yours wont submit then telephone HMRC online services, can take a while to get though but they will probably be able to help you. Here is their number :-

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/online-services-helpdesk

Hope that helps Wildrover.