Scotty Cameron Custom Shop - advice

Pops451

Visit site
Has anyone ever used the Scotty Cameron custom shop?

http://www.scottycameron.com/customization/default.asp

I am after damaging my putter and need it repaired, I have come across this and think it is unreal. I would love to get a full restoration but for some reason it won't accept my international address....even though it says they serve Ireland.

I was going to get a full restoration - $145 before posting charges.

I have emailed them and they don't know why there is an issue. I am going to ring them but I am wondering has anyone here used the custom shop before and if they have any advice?

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Plenty here have used it with no problem.

Ethan will be along shortly to help as he knows his onions about this.

Just make sure you only send the putter head as they will fit a new shaft and grip when they restore it. It's supposed to be a great service. And the results I've seen are incredible.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello.

They will happily ship to Ireland. The problem may be that their credit card verification system triggers an error on your card. This has been a problem with non-US cards in the past. Try another card - Amex works best.

On the damage, it depends what it is. If yours have a large gouge or piece missing, that will be a problem. Surface damage (rust, tarnishing, discolouration) is easy - it will come up as new. You only need to send the head in for a full resto - they will reshaft and grip it as part of the charge, so think about what length you want and consider getting an upgraded grip and a custom shop headcover. You can always ebay the headcover later.

Pops451

Visit site
Hello.

They will happily ship to Ireland. The problem may be that their credit card verification system triggers an error on your card. This has been a problem with non-US cards in the past. Try another card - Amex works best.

On the damage, it depends what it is. If yours have a large gouge or piece missing, that will be a problem. Surface damage (rust, tarnishing, discolouration) is easy - it will come up as new. You only need to send the head in for a full resto - they will reshaft and grip it as part of the charge, so think about what length you want and consider getting an upgraded grip and a custom shop headcover. You can always ebay the headcover later.

Thanks Ethan.

Damage isn't too bad (I think) the putter head is offline, the part of the head joining the shaft is bent/off line. No idea how it happened.

For some reason the system will not accept my address in Ireland, I can't even get as far to put in my CC details in. I get the following error:

Error:
You have entered an invalid shipping destination or selected an unavailable shipment method for that location. Please feel free to email us at customshop@acushnetgolf.com or call us at (760) 591-9720 if have any questions or concerns (8am-5pm PST).

Do you think if I ring them up I would be able to arrange it with them?