Scotty Cameron Concept X putter

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Somehow never knew this putter existed until browsing the putter section online the other day.

General consensus appears to be sheer hatred and likened to a playstation controller on a stick.

I actually like it though, I shouldn't but I do. Can't find many reviews online even youtube most videos are pre release.

Thoughts, a side from the cost?

https://www.clickgolf.co.uk/product/scotty-cameron-concept-x-cx-02-putter

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Meh it’s not that bad. Would never pay that much for a putter though, and I’d always take a putter that works over its looks or status.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I generally am less worried about looks as long as it works for me (see my other post if you want unique styling) but I would never pay that much for any club. It will sell of course because it's a Scotty Cameron. They've done worse.
The original Futura and the Futura 6M which always makes me think I'm looking down at Kermit the Frog. Mind you the Ping Craz-E always made me think I was looking down at someone riding a motorbike.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Its not even an "original" concept.

Radius produced a putter of this shape several years ago and I'm sure there have been others.

In fact...now I think about it Radius used the Concept name for their putters!!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Its not even an "original" concept.

Radius produced a putter of this shape several years ago and I'm sure there have been others.

In fact...now I think about it Radius used the Concept name for their putters!!

Most of the decent Scotty Cameron putters are based on earlier designs by others.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
When you consider how good Cameron putters look, even the Futura range, this looks like something an intern has designed and sneaked onto the production line while Scotty was at lunch. It may feel great and be nicely balanced but looks wise it's hideous and I could never stand over a putter that ugly and feel confident

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will never understand the hype around SC. In my opinion they seem no different to any other putter and come with a worse grip as default despite the premium price
Agree. Absolutely nothing special about them. Classic example of paying through the nose for a name.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The inverse snobbery that SC attracts is nearly as comical as the SC fan boys that spunk fortunes og branded gear.

I personally have always really liked Scotty's and personally think that the materials and build are higher quality than the likes of Odyssey as an example. The "feel" is much more to my personal tastes too. I think that my own personal preference is largely due to the lack of plastic inserts from SC heads and the fact that the ones i have own are much, much less tatty looking after use than your Taylor made or Odyssey equivalents.

I do not for a second think that an SC will naturally make you a better putter though obviously.

The above putter is fairly benign IMO compared to some and is as pretty as some of the bat poo crazy Toulon designs knocking around. There are some comedy putters knocking around and MANY are in the exact same price bracket as Scotty Cameron