Scottish golf trip planned for later this month - impact of Level 2

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Scottish Govt just announced Level 2 extension. When is the next review/likely change?

12 of us are due to come up on June 22 for a few days golf at St Andrews. Some of us are in an Airbnb with separate bedrooms, but the others are supposed to be sharing rooms in the Premier Inn. I understand that's not allowed under Level 2 if they are from different addresses?

Also, what's the deal with pubs? Do we need to pre-book slots? Are we restricted in the numbers who can meet and are the pubs shutting early under L2?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking at the BBC site, it seems you will be ok as Fife isn’t one of the 13 areas remaining in Level 2.
Can’t help on the rest ?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looking at the BBC site, it seems you will be ok as Fife isn’t one of the 13 areas remaining in Level 2.
Can’t help on the rest ?

Yes, just saw that, thanks.

If I read the regulations correctly, the ban on sharing a room if from different addresses still stands at L1, which would obviously be a problem for us.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, just saw that, thanks.

If I read the regulations correctly, the ban on sharing a room if from different addresses still stands at L1, which would obviously be a problem for us.

from experience, hotels haven’t been too fussed about sharing rooms. And i believe it is households or support bubbles….

gopher99

Visit site
We are in the same boat as you, we have booked a trip to St Andrews on the 28th June, how are they even supposed to know what address you live at. We have booked to stay in the premier in Dundee, so worst comes to the worst we will have 5 room, with 6 guys now living together as happy couples..lol.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
from experience, hotels haven’t been too fussed about sharing rooms. And i believe it is households or support bubbles….

hope that's the case. I was worried they would ask for proof of address. 8 hairy arsed 50-60 year old blokes would find it hard to pass for 4 loved-up couples!

HeftyHacker

Visit site

We didn't even get asked when staying in irvine prior to playing dundonald, as it turns out we were in a support bubble and had been staying in a caravan in the lakes for a week prior to that but the question wasn't even asked.

Furthermore, when we got to the course we asked about buggies and the bloke said "well its meant to be one per household but you've all got the same accent so you obviously live together"

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We didn't even get asked when staying in irvine prior to playing dundonald, as it turns out we were in a support bubble and had been staying in a caravan in the lakes for a week prior to that but the question wasn't even asked.

Furthermore, when we got to the course we asked about buggies and the bloke said "well its meant to be one per household but you've all got the same accent so you obviously live together"

same. No question asked. And when we have a buggy we asked if it was one person to the buggy (which would have been fine) and got the response ‘well…that is up to you’ ?

Crumplezone

Visit site
Whatever is said or whether questions aren't being asked, obviously it's the responsible thing to make sure you stick to the rules. If some idiots are willing to let you break them, certainly doesn't mean you should.