Scottish Golf bin OCS & move to dotgolf

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Finally, the news club admins up and down the country have been waiting for, the dreaded OCS developed VMS system is being binned by Scottish Golf. I guess there's only so long you can keep defending such an obvious smashed pie

This is a glorious day :love::cool:

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
What's that :confused: can you explain please .
OCS is the devloper (and I use that word very loosely) of the SG App & VMS back end. Both have been dreadful since launch, SG would always blame "user error" even when it was simply that VMS couldn't come close to replicating the funcionality of Club2000.

This is a massive step forward for club admins.

wjemather

Visit site
OCS is the devloper (and I use that word very loosely) of the SG App & VMS back end. Both have been dreadful since launch, SG would always blame "user error" even when it was simply that VMS couldn't come close to replicating the funcionality of Club2000.

This is a massive step forward for club admins.
Given the (apparently) bad experience had by some clubs who adopted VMS, do you think Scottish clubs as a whole will be (as) willing to migrate to another new (largely unknown) club/comp management system, or will they stick with their current ISV, who's functionality they are happy with?