Scottish Fitba'

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hampden for Scotland games…East or West stand for best atmosphere? No difference In view I know and I’d bring binoculars. Lad keen to take in a Scotland game and I haven‘t been to one since days of Kenny et al.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Got tickets for me and lad for Scotland vs Denmark…East stand as East/West makes no difference to me - might take a pair of binos though.

Hoping we don’t have to beat Denmark to get 2nd place in group but in any case really looking forward to first Scotland game in a very long time…so long in fact that I’ve not been since the redevelopment of the stadium started decades ago…probably 40yrs…?

Anyway - thought Scotland played really well to beat Austria away. Gilmour, McGregor and McGinn made for a splendid midfield, and team played well throughout. Positive.

1631269482758.jpeg

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Hampden for Scotland games…East or West stand for best atmosphere? No difference In view I know and I’d bring binoculars. Lad keen to take in a Scotland game and I haven‘t been to one since days of Kenny et al.

The last time Scotland had any sort of team...maybe your absence is to blame? ;)

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got tickets for me and lad for Scotland vs Denmark…East stand as East/West makes no difference to me - might take a pair of binos though.

Hoping we don’t have to beat Denmark to get 2nd place in group but in any case really looking forward to first Scotland game in a very long time…so long in fact that I’ve not been since the redevelopment of the stadium started decades ago…probably 40yrs…?

Anyway - thought Scotland played really well to beat Austria away. Gilmour, McGregor and McGinn made for a splendid midfield, and team played well throughout. Positive.

View attachment 38376
You Thought they played well???.....Oh well, entitled to your opinion I suppose:rolleyes:
BTW..Good game in Perth today- St.J. playing well, manager has got them well organised and with Attitude, certainly no shrinking violets in that side-love that Approach
Thought it was right result in the end, but tell you what, St.J. are going to be up there this season( IF they keep playing like that week after week:whistle: )!!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Pleased that St.J played well as I have a lot of time for their players and manager.
But, Rangers won which is the main thing for me. ?
I never watched it but my lad tells me that StJ played well; that the penalty changed things, and that Tavernier scored a ‘worldie’. Also seems like Rangers supporters at the game were their usual pretty obnoxious self…why many home supporters don’t go to OF games.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I never watched it but my lad tells me that StJ played well; that the penalty changed things, and that Tavernier scored a ‘worldie’. Also seems like Rangers supporters at the game were their usual pretty obnoxious self…why many home supporters don’t go to OF games.
I hear they were sing SNP GTF which is fine with me. ?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I hear they were sing SNP GTF which is fine with me. ?
Whilst waving their Union flags. Thought there were rules prohibiting fans doing political chanting and making political gestures. Ah but it’s the Rangers so that’s ok. StJ were fined something like £25k a few years ago for one silly laddie waving a Palestinian flag for some bizarre reason.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just watched a good, typical Edinburgh derby, good chances, good goalkeeping, good man of match, glad Barrie McKay got on last 20 --boy should be at Ibrox-wanted to go ( I'm reliably informed, but the chance was passed up by Ibrox:sick:keep your eyes on this boy- once he's fully fit, watch him go )(y)
You heard anything about this williamalex1??

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sounds crazy after a whole 4 matches played but it’s time Peter Grant was “relieved of his duties” at East End Park!

Absolutely abysmal start to the season with players being played out of position to suit a formation that isn’t working and rumours already of him having lost the dressing room and a player looking to have his contract cancelled so he can get away from the place (as I say rumours)

And yet the arrogant little turd blames everyone and everything else and nothing is ever his fault! This is a man who said he doesn’t need to have a CV as his “career” speaks for itself and came in saying how he was here to win the league not go up through play offs! Yet we sit bottom of the league having conceded 11 goals in 3 games and managing one measly point!

COYP (without Grant please)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Wishing the OF well in their European adventures on Thursday.

I do this with rather gritted teeth given the usual reservations, but I do so for the good of Scottish football - though sometimes I get the impression that some of their support could not care less for Scottish football in general.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds crazy after a whole 4 matches played but it’s time Peter Grant was “relieved of his duties” at East End Park!

Absolutely abysmal start to the season with players being played out of position to suit a formation that isn’t working and rumours already of him having lost the dressing room and a player looking to have his contract cancelled so he can get away from the place (as I say rumours)

And yet the arrogant little turd blames everyone and everything else and nothing is ever his fault! This is a man who said he doesn’t need to have a CV as his “career” speaks for itself and came in saying how he was here to win the league not go up through play offs! Yet we sit bottom of the league having conceded 11 goals in 3 games and managing one measly point!

COYP (without Grant please)

Crazy is keeping him. It's an utter shambles and I also heard the dressing room rumour after the game yesterday. He makes John Collins look modest in his arrogance.

We will be lucky to stay up at this rate if the board don't take action.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crazy is keeping him. It's an utter shambles and I also heard the dressing room rumour after the game yesterday. He makes John Collins look modest in his arrogance.

We will be lucky to stay up at this rate if the board don't take action.

Was a poor appointment in the first place as was thought by many fans at the time and we are all being proven right so far!

We must be the only club in the world who employs a manager who just got a team relegated from the same division we are trying to get promoted from!

I can accept defeats (I’m a Pars fan I’ve seen many) but the manner of them so far this season is unacceptable, and his insistence on blaming the players every week is just totally baffling! No wonder the rumours are that some of them don’t want to play under him!

Get him away to feck out of my club before it’s too late!

COYP ⚫⚪

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was a poor appointment in the first place as was thought by many fans at the time and we are all being proven right so far!

We must be the only club in the world who employs a manager who just got a team relegated from the same division we are trying to get promoted from!

I can accept defeats (I’m a Pars fan I’ve seen many) but the manner of them so far this season is unacceptable, and his insistence on blaming the players every week is just totally baffling! No wonder the rumours are that some of them don’t want to play under him!

Get him away to feck out of my club before it’s too late!

COYP ⚫⚪

Must think he is some kind of Mourinho fellar ?.
Sooner he is out the better, I am at the point where I am finding other things to do than go to any games until he’s rid.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Must think he is some kind of Mourinho fellar ?.
Sooner he is out the better, I am at the point where I am finding other things to do than go to any games until he’s rid.

Have watched them all online and don’t think I’ve got past about 70 minutes yet without the tv getting turned off in disgust!

Have also stopped watching his interviews as I just find my blood pressure rising with every word that comes out his mouth ?

Time the board held their hands up admitted it was a mistake and got shot of him and let’s get someone in who actually applies for the job and actually has a reasonable record in management

COYP

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We look absolutely clueless/ amateurish at times against a slick, snappy LYON team who know what to do and when to do it-2 good goals(1st was belter)-for the 2nd they had 3 men in/around 6yd box--we only done that at corners and frees!
At least Celtic scored 2,lost 4 and scored again-we don't even look like scoring:mad:
Poor, poor display!!
Watching this after a meet and play with a fellow forumner( when I also played like Rangers--Oh, the shame; The ignomony)-nice lad though' him and his mate!!+he was shooting off to see 'THEM' :whistle: