Scottish Fitba'

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hardly in the game but Celtic conceded 2 goals. Fine by me.?

The defence is obviously Celtic's weakest area, and the lack of cover there is an additional worry. However the quality and intensity of the football they are producing at the moment is quite incredible. 82% possession and 20 shots in the first half, Hearts simply couldn't live with them. If they can keep it going, the league is going to be a lot closer than most people thought.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The defence is obviously Celtic's weakest area, and the lack of cover there is an additional worry. However the quality and intensity of the football they are producing at the moment is quite incredible. 82% possession and 20 shots in the first half, Hearts simply couldn't live with them. If they can keep it going, the league is going to be a lot closer than most people thought.

If Celtic continue like that they will walk the league. It won't be close at all. Rangers had an incredible achievement of going the season unbeaten but showed in some games that they lack a plan B in many games and eventually you get found out for that. Coupled with Celtic's implosion throughout the whole of last season (it was like watching a badly build IKEA flatpack collapse over time).

Celtic still have, by far, the strongest and best squad in Scotland and it was purely down to some internal issues that caused last season to be a blip. IMO a trained macaque with a little fez on could take that squad to a title. The fact that they were so poor last season should be more of a surprise than how good they have been showing themselves to be.

And I say all of that through the gritted teeth of a "diddy" team supporter.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If Celtic continue like that they will walk the league. It won't be close at all. Rangers had an incredible achievement of going the season unbeaten but showed in some games that they lack a plan B in many games and eventually you get found out for that. Coupled with Celtic's implosion throughout the whole of last season (it was like watching a badly build IKEA flatpack collapse over time).

Celtic still have, by far, the strongest and best squad in Scotland and it was purely down to some internal issues that caused last season to be a blip. IMO a trained macaque with a little fez on could take that squad to a title. The fact that they were so poor last season should be more of a surprise than how good they have been showing themselves to be.

And I say all of that through the gritted teeth of a "diddy" team supporter.
Got
to disagree...sure we've got off to a crappy, nervy start but you don't become a terrible side overnight!
Some of the comments above could be relevant to us at the moment- so time for Gerrard to prove his mettle ( along with his staff ) and show the ability to react/ adapt to situations on the field and show that he's 'no one hit wonder'!
Time for some honesty and backside kicking ( all round -and that includes the idiots upstairs who think they can control free speech and media access across the board-fans,press,T.V,radio-'cos sure as hell friends are going to be needed sooner rather than later if there's no personnel changes both in and out and they continue playing like schoolies/ strangers:(

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Got
to disagree...sure we've got off to a crappy, nervy start but you don't become a terrible side overnight!
Some of the comments above could be relevant to us at the moment- so time for Gerrard to prove his mettle ( along with his staff ) and show the ability to react/ adapt to situations on the field and show that he's 'no one hit wonder'!
Time for some honesty and backside kicking ( all round -and that includes the idiots upstairs who think they can control free speech and media access across the board-fans,press,T.V,radio-'cos sure as hell friends are going to be needed sooner rather than later if there's no personnel changes both in and out and they continue playing like schoolies/ strangers:(

And any Celtic fan could have written the same thing after a couple of games last season. You can become a bad team overnight, Celtic proved that last season.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Got

I think you miss my point slightly. Several times last season when pressed and needing to "show their mettle" they were found wanting of a plan B. Only the absolute implosion of the other mob meant that those games where points were dropped didn't really matter, in essence masking the situation.

Now, I get it, you are a Rangers supporter and won't agree. But you are right, they don't become a terrible side overnight and they aren't terrible. The problem is that they aren't and weren't great either and with a resurgent and very strong Celtic side, they need to be better than mediocre and find a plan B.

Whatever issues that plagued Celtic last season won't give Rangers the breathing room to drop an many points as they did last season.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think you miss my point slightly. Several times last season when pressed and needing to "show their mettle" they were found wanting of a plan B. Only the absolute implosion of the other mob meant that those games where points were dropped didn't really matter, in essence masking the situation.

Now, I get it, you are a Rangers supporter and won't agree. But you are right, they don't become a terrible side overnight and they aren't terrible. The problem is that they aren't and weren't great either and with a resurgent and very strong Celtic side, they need to be better than mediocre and find a plan B.

Whatever issues that plagued Celtic last season won't give Rangers the breathing room to drop an many points as they did last season.

That's just the point though, I DO agree with you re the plan B option-that's why I say 'react / adapt'...something that WAS lacking last season but, having said that, some of the football played last season certainly wasn't mediocre or boring!!
Bring in some new quality-bag the excess ( if we can ), but most of all "We welcome the chase"- William Struth

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I think the outcome of the title will be more predictable once the transfer window closes. If Celtic can add a bit of quality to the defence I think they will win the league.
On the other hand Rangers do have a decent squad and a couple of real quality additions could swing it their way.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
More like Famous Five........I was always a fan of tom boy George.;)
I think she used cripes a lot.
Slang for crikey perhaps.

Getting confused now...do you mean-'wipes';)
AS for 'crikey'?.....unused figure of speech up here but probably equates to- 'Oh Dear'- or something a bit more emphatic/ forceful-maybe even 'AWW NAWish type phraseology?....actually -A lot more 'ANGLO SAXONISH'?:whistle:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting confused now...do you mean-'wipes';)
AS for 'crikey'?.....unused figure of speech up here but probably equates to- 'Oh Dear'- or something a bit more emphatic/ forceful-maybe even 'AWW NAWish type phraseology?....actually -A lot more 'ANGLO SAXONISH'?:whistle:
I seem to remember Billy Bunter saying cripes and crikey.