Scottish Fitba'

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I moved to Edinburgh at the end of the 80s for my first job. It was very unfriendly. The defence factory i worked at, people used to openly call me a "west coast barsteward" - lovely. It's much better now though.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
SILH.Away from main thread but can I find on YouTube?In the mood now and apart from Attenborough/North America followed by some Mike Zito and then some Motown..could listen to our own.....turning in to a REALLY good day!!!
Lucky Jimbo
P.S.remember you saying that about you family before-lucky man-get the free recordings do you?:sneaky:
No free recordings :)

This music is not for everyone - but for those of us who get it...my niece is one of the tenor drummers (the drummers doing the twirly stuff with their drumsticks) :) And of course in the context of a Scottish Football thread - we remember the pipe band always played before Scotland games and at half time.

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ken...Don't suppose you can enlighten me as to tour previous location in Bawrheid?
I'm still an outsider(can leave anytime she sometimes tells me)!
Jimbo
Now we are getting scarily close to coincidence here as my friend in Haddington is originally from Barrhead...(and a buddy of Alex McLeish)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Now we are getting scarily close to coincidence here as my friend in Haddington is originally from Barrhead...(and a buddy of Alex McLeish)

Speaking of coincidence .....my Mrs is a bit of a family history expert and in doing some friendly research for the woman now living in her late grandfathers house in Essex she discovered that it was once owned by an ancestor of the woman. :eek:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ken...Don't suppose you can enlighten me as to tour previous location in Bawrheid?
I'm still an outsider(can leave anytime she sometimes tells me)!
Jimbo

Indeed. Stayed at Boylestone Rd, went to Cross Arthurlie primary and Barrhead High.
Was a member at Fereneze GC as a junior.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Indeed. Stayed at Boylestone Rd, went to Cross Arthurlie primary and Barrhead High.
Was a member at Fereneze GC as a junior.
Upstairs in the mancave looking over at the new High(piper stopped 30 mins ago).Member at Royal Fereneze:giggle:(keeps you fit,carrying up there!)
Listening to Scots losing to Portugal-aaargh.
small world eh?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Upstairs in the mancave looking over at the new High(piper stopped 30 mins ago).Member at Royal Fereneze:giggle:(keeps you fit,carrying up there!)
small world eh?

As juniors a group of us used to meet in the summer holidays. 3 rounds in a day no problem.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As juniors a group of us used to meet in the summer holidays. 3 rounds in a day no problem.
I've had a very hard life though Ken+ supporting Rangers can take it out of you:LOL:
Plus hate to admit-I'm in my 60's(although a superb physical specimen,good looking,intelligent,rich,kind to animals etc,etc)-If you believe ALL that then you need some help:giggle:
Jimbo

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
small world eh?
Played Fereneze just the once back in early 70s - in a gale - climbing the 1st - phew...Our lodger was a member - a low SF handicap man - he was fae Banff and was also a member of Duff House Royal - and later on went back there - Captn one year I think...unfortunately never got to play with him there and now he's sadly no longer with us.

I had quite a few school friends from that part of the world - Neilston and Uplawmoor.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Val..could reply with large/majority section of Celtic support going on about Protestant 'Huns' is that racist/religious?
Look sod the semantics of this-we'll be here forever-There should be no place for any of this behaviour from anyone/anywhere in this day and age-surely??
I've stated previously that I ran with a mixed crowd in my youth(still do)-we went to OF games together,went to different ends,took part in all the *** singing(shame-daft boys)met up after,got pissed,had fun,went home together,stayed in each others houses--even had to go to St.Maggie Marys some Sunday a.ms thanks Mrs.Atkins(otherwise no brekkie-just IrnBru).Loved it all
Would I swap it for being a racist/religious bigot-NO we didn't know any better,but we learned our own way with age,would I turn my back on these guys because they went to a different school/church? Not a chance! We were mates and that's all that mattered
My last word on this crap dropped on us by a-put your own word in-so let's move on eh?

Your last word on it after you didn't answer the question I asked but decided try and turn it about being called a hun and that being racist???? Wow, I already stated both have embarrassing sectarian elements to their support so why add this?

Kinda tells you all you need to know about some Scottish football fans really and why I rarely post on this thread.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surprised they asked him and also that he didn't tell them to shove it!

They were never gonna try and get a manager in from outside to come in at this stage as it was only ever going to be a caretaker role to the end of the season. No new permanent manager would want the job until the summer so they have the opportunity to start the major re-build required while preparing for next season.

Can see it taking a few seasons to get a good team together again as I believe a large number of the current first team squad will be moving on this summer and it's not really a 1 transfer window shot to refresh the whole squad to the required standard.

John Kennedy wants the job on a permanent basis which is presumably why he took the caretaker role. Not convinced the Celtic support with be particularly happy about it if he gets the job next season.