Scottish Fitba'

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
They should as well in my opinion, we could be playing games now like other countries......
The lower league teams have been shafted right down to the Highland and Lowland leagues.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hearts and Thistle court case kicked out. They have to go thru the SFA.
Sort of, the SFA have been ordered to set up an independent arbitration panel of three. One member selected by Thistle/Hearts one by the SPFL then those two select a neutral third member who will chair the tribunal. Seems pretty fair.
I wonder if the SPFL announce the league fixtures tomorrow they will be in contempt of court.
Looks like the outcome will be that the relegation will stand but a compensation fee paid to the wronged clubs. Hearts claiming they will lose at least £10m.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sort of, the SFA have been ordered to set up an independent arbitration panel of three. One member selected by Thistle/Hearts one by the SPFL then those two select a neutral third member who will chair the tribunal. Seems pretty fair.
I wonder if the SPFL announce the league fixtures tomorrow they will be in contempt of court.
Looks like the outcome will be that the relegation will stand but a compensation fee paid to the wronged clubs. Hearts claiming they will lose at least £10m.

Not sort of, they lost. Hearts and Thistle always had the option of SFA arbitration as that's part of the SPFL rules, was not imposed by the court at all.

Re. fixtures, stop talking rubbish.

Re. their compensation claim, no guarantee they will get anythjng like what they are claiming, or anything at all for that matter.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not sort of, they lost. Hearts and Thistle always had the option of SFA arbitration as that's part of the SPFL rules, was not imposed by the court at all.

Re. fixtures, stop talking rubbish.

Re. their compensation claim, no guarantee they will get anythjng like what they are claiming, or anything at all for tha

t matter.

Thistle/Hearts were saying it was a legal matter. judge said [after 3 days] it was a football matter so they lost that argument.
The arbitration panel still have the power to re-instate the wronged clubs

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And now we have the 2020/21 fixture lost with no Hearts...

Saintees opening game away to Dundee Utd - Life without Tommy Wright and so our first match under Callum Davidson with Steven MacLean his forwards coach.

Steven who? I hear you ask - Only that Steven who scored the decisive second goal in our 2014 Scottish Cup Final victory over...Dundee United - when he also did a great job keeping one Andy Robertson mindful of his defensive duties. :)

Looking forward to another season battling for a Top 6 place - and maybe even a European place once more.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
No lost that one paid out on Celtic and Liverpool and accumulator is still active but iv lost that anyway, I do it every year take your barca Liverpool juve celtic, PSG ajax ect and you get great odds, I should have made that more clear in my op,

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As I said before I have no problem with Hearts going down but this is pretty savage for Thistle.
No word yet of any compensation or expenses awards, that seems to be ongoing.
Lengthy legal case and a lengthy arbitration so it must have been a close call.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As I said before I have no problem with Hearts going down but this is pretty savage for Thistle.

As much as I feel sorry for teams missing out on promotion/being relegated without the full season being completed and in some cases with games in hand, the end of the season was democratically decided by all the teams in Scotland and whatever the outcome of the vote was all teams should have accepted that!

Why should Hearts or Patrick be compensated? Compensated for being crap for the vast majority of the season? why should they be given extra money to aid them in their quest from promotion next season? They will be dropping down a league with already bigger budgets than the teams they will be joining and you think they should be given more money to help them back to where they believe they should be?

Or why should the expenses of their unfairness claim be covered by anyone else other than themselves now they have lost twice?

There are a lot more teams that were affected by this than just those two but the rest of them have accepted it and moved on and it’s now time Hearts & Thistle done the same

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

They are currently debating whether Hearts and Thistle have to pick up the tab for the arbitration process.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As much as I feel sorry for teams missing out on promotion/being relegated without the full season being completed and in some cases with games in hand, the end of the season was democratically decided by all the teams in Scotland and whatever the outcome of the vote was all teams should have accepted that!

Why should Hearts or Patrick be compensated? Compensated for being crap for the vast majority of the season? why should they be given extra money to aid them in their quest from promotion next season? They will be dropping down a league with already bigger budgets than the teams they will be joining and you think they should be given more money to help them back to where they believe they should be?

Or why should the expenses of their unfairness claim be covered by anyone else other than themselves now they have lost twice?

There are a lot more teams that were affected by this than just those two but the rest of them have accepted it and moved on and it’s now time Hearts & Thistle done the same

There were no rules in place to follow such an occurrence by the organisation.
If as suggested there is no promotion or relegation next season this decision will cost Hearts over £8m and you want them punished over and above that.:unsure:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If as suggested there is no promotion or relegation next season this decision will cost Hearts over £8m and you want them punished over and above that.:unsure:

Nope don’t want them further punished and I never said that!

So what would happen if there was promotion next season and they don’t win the league? They will lose out on that extra money anyway!!

Or do you believe they should be thrown money at them to help them get back into premier league coz we should all feel sorry for them?

If there is compensation being thrown out I hope my club Dunfermline and every other club who still had a chance of promotion from any of the leagues or a play off place that could lead to promotion are also compensated for money they may have lost out on in the future!! I’m also including Kelty Hearts and Brora in that

Are you a bitter Jambo by any chance?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site

As well as the bill for arbitration, they still have their SFA hearing coming up shortly about their Rule 78 breach. Could be a very expensive period for Hearts indeed.

U

User62651

Could have used this covid delay to show the benefits of summer football in Scotland to the game - less blood and thunder and a bit more finesse i.e. get the ball to do the work by passing properly etc, get like the Scandinavians/Russians and avoid winter altogether. It's not like we have cricket's toes to tread on up here.
Opportunity missed, instead these legal wrangles bitterness and ifs buts and maybes to linger on for years.
They should have played the season out like most other countries. 9 games could've been done in 5 short weeks. No brainer.