Scottish Fitba'

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
For the football fans north of the border what's your thoughts for the upcoming season ? -

Prem - Can't see anything other than 8 in a row for Celtic, would like to see a close race but will it happen ? I doubt it, I would reckon a 10 point or so gap to Rangers with Aberdeen / Hibs / Hearts and Killie fighting it out for Europa slots. The usual bottom 6 with Hamilton to go down.

Champ - The toughest one to call, Dundee Utd must be favorites although Dundee and Inverness will also fancy their chances, a mid-table scrap behind the top 3 with Alloa and Arbroath to finish bottom 2, one down automatic, the other in the play-offs,

Lge 1 - My team (Raith Rovers) seem to have made a few decent signings during the summer however we don't have the budget to compete with Falkirk who I think may just edge a close fought race for the title, Airdrie and Clyde to take the other play-off places but (I hope) Raith will prevail there, Dumbarton to go down.

Lge 2 - Probably the most unpredictable league of them all, will be interesting to see how Cove Rangers get on in their first season, I reckon they might have a decent chance here, Cowdenbeath and Albion to scrap for bottom place.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll predict Rangers. I like Stevie G. His 100% all in attitude. If he can make sure his team ends each game with 11 men on the pitch they will finish top!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm thinking Rangers will push Celtic close - with St Johnstone battling with Hibees, Kille, Dons and Jambos for seats on EasyJet flights to weird places.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Lets face it even if Rangers get back to a competitive level its still a one horse race (i.e the old firm will win the league for the next 20 years) The kind way to describe it is 'two sides to the same coin'

There will never be a Leicester scenario in the foreseeable future (they still had many tens of millions to play with) celtic are a country mile ahead in terms of budget & rangers are too reliant on gerrard getting loan deals off his name, as their attendances allow them to pay higher wages than everyone, except their city buddies

The rest are playing for scraps/pride/derby games and maybe a cup run, same as its been for decades

Roll on the new season (y)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think it could be quite an interesting season Aberdeen, Rangers, Killie, Hearts, Hibs and Saintees all capable of taking points off Celtic.
I think Lennon made a mistake in returning to Celtic, never go back is one of my golden rules.
I have a feeling after the Cup final result that Hearts will step up a gear in 2019/20. They have the bones of a good team and have made some good signings without splashing the cash.
Dundee Utd for championship. Raith and Falkirk to kick on after really low points in their history.

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49040717

Not great for Kilmarnock but amazing for the Welsh part timers

Very poor result, some of the 'lesser' teams up here regularly fall at the 1st hurdle in Europe, hopefully Celtic and Rangers can kick on and make the group stages in their respective competitions, could do with the co-efficient points to stop teams having to enter in these very early rounds, Aberdeen had a decent result but I think they will struggle to make the group stages.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
……..and the much heralded Saintees. :eek: shockeroony.

well...my Ross County supporting cousins will be chuffed...my St Johnstone supporting ones less so - with the Aberdeen and Elgin City ones and my Rangers supporting bro and niece having a giggle at our expense. Never been easy being a Saintees supporter :(

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the Premier league will be closer this season but still think Celtic will win it in the end

In the championship I'd love to say my team (Dunfermline) will win the league but with mostly a new squad and most of them being young I expect some inconsistencies although we will challenge for the play off places. I expect Dundee United to win it although their city rivals will run them close.

Falkirk should win the first division comfortably with their budget and the signings they've made, hopefully the wee team (Raith Rovers) will get promoted through the play offs as it'd be nice to have them back in same league as us

The second division is tough to call again but I expect it to be between Edinburgh City & Elgin but again Cove could surprise everyone

And hopefully Stevie Clarke can work some of his magic and start getting some good performances from the national team which currently has in my opinion some of the best young players we have had at our disposal for a long time.

COYP!!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think the Premier league will be closer this season but still think Celtic will win it in the end

In the championship I'd love to say my team (Dunfermline) will win the league but with mostly a new squad and most of them being young I expect some inconsistencies although we will challenge for the play off places. I expect Dundee United to win it although their city rivals will run them close.

Falkirk should win the first division comfortably with their budget and the signings they've made, hopefully the wee team (Raith Rovers) will get promoted through the play offs as it'd be nice to have them back in same league as us

The second division is tough to call again but I expect it to be between Edinburgh City & Elgin but again Cove could surprise everyone

And hopefully Stevie Clarke can work some of his magic and start getting some good performances from the national team which currently has in my opinion some of the best young players we have had at our disposal for a long time.

COYP!!

Optimistic but I am unsure we will even make the play-offs. A year with both Dundee clubs and ICT will make it a tough slog with that young and, largely, inexperienced squad.
Ayr will do their usual, great first half of the season then back off as they don't really want the cost of promotion, bit like QoS in that regard.

I plan to get to EEP more this coming year and hopefully the steak bridies won't be the highlight of each visit!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Celtic at a canter, Sevco will finish further behind Celtic this season. Kilmarnock and Hibs will struggle with St J for the top six.

Inverness and Dundee to battle for top spot, Dundee Utd just seem to be in disarray these days.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Optimistic but I am unsure we will even make the play-offs. A year with both Dundee clubs and ICT will make it a tough slog with that young and, largely, inexperienced squad.
Ayr will do their usual, great first half of the season then back off as they don't really want the cost of promotion, bit like QoS in that regard.

I plan to get to EEP more this coming year and hopefully the steak bridies won't be the highlight of each visit!

Lot of good things in pre-season but also like last weekend some dross (apparently played awful) but as we say it's a young and what looks to be exciting squad who will make mistakes at times but at least we seem to have a bit of a goal threat this season.

I will be over a few times for matches and I'm quietly optimistic we will be there or thereabouts for the play off positions!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
@smange Don't get me wrong, I think we will be thereabouts. Can't discount Partick either, they won't be standing still and still have a decent squad in relative terms (awful start last year was down to internal politics I am led to believe).

The inexperience showed last week with those mistakes being punished. I think that if we keep the squad together ad avoid serious injuries then they will learn, maybe not in time for this season but keep the youth and be stronger next year.

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site

Would like to see that happen too, although I reckon we may run Falkirk pretty close, we seem to have a player in the young lad Keiron Bowie, broke his competitive duck last night at 16 years old, also Lewis Allan has chipped in with a couple in the league cup games, I doubt however either will match Nisbet's tally from last season, will be interested to see how many he chips in with in a higher league (albeit worse team :LOL:).

Had a tenner on you guys to win the league cup group @ 10/3, looks like a good investment made (y)

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good result for Celtic tonight in the CL qualifiers, I would say that's the first 2 rounds safely negotiated.