Scottish Fitba'

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I think the opposite to you in that Celtic don’t have enough tough games in the SPFL and this has a knock on effect when they play in Europe.

Big club but they struggle to progress when in Europe and I can’t see how they can change this.

For me the answer to your last paragraph lies with changing the manager
The squad they have should skoosh Wednesdays opposition and its only because of domestic trophies that he's not slayed like Levien was last year

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
For me the answer to your last paragraph lies with changing the manager
The squad they have should skoosh Wednesdays opposition and its only because of domestic trophies that he's not slayed like Levien was last year

Garbage, the team they played were no mugs, they have been beaten the last 3 seasons by opposition of a similar standard in Europe.
The bottom line is they are not good enough, if they were, they would of won.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53929478

Good link here to what I mean.

Last edited:

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
? once again when one half of the bigot brothers lose a game in Europe it’s the rest of Scottish footballs fault for not being good enough opposition!!

Have either of the two cheeks of the one arse ever lost a game without it being someone else’s fault?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Garbage, the team they played were no mugs, they have been beaten the last 3 seasons by opposition of a similar standard in Europe.
The bottom line is they are not good enough, if they were, they would of won.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53929478

Good link here to what I mean.

Poo, I think he's tactically out of his depth in Europe

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Team selection poor from what I hear, they still aren’t as good as they think they are though, you can’t keep on saying we should of won.....

I would never say 'we' should've won

I hee haw when the cheeks lose,... but when all's said and done a 100 million squad should not be losing those early round ties year after year if they are tactically managed properly

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
That was a guaranteed Scottish disaster avoided.:love:
'We are definitely on the march'
Stats are scary mind. Czechs had 19 shots.
Stats can be used to make any argument. That being said they played us off the park ?.
Wonder how much we would have got pumped by if the big team had shown up.

U

User62651

A win's s win, any result away from home we'd take. It is pre season for a lot of England based squad.
I still don't have a clue what the Nation's League is.:oops:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On a similar note, can you imagine what the Scotland team would have been if we’d had to do what they did and replace the entire squad in 5 days? And how many we’d have lost by?

Billy Dodds made one up using the same rules.......to be honest it did not look to bad.

Hickey away to Bologna for £1,800,000 despite Celtic being after him.
Not a bad price for an 18 year old with a year left on his contract.(y)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A win sa win sa win. I have a replanted Rowan tree in my garden that has looked dead for a couple of months, but we have held on in hope and we are very pleased to see new buds appearing...and so with the Scotland footie team. And though I only switched on with 10mins to go - and within three minutes I had to turn over - such as it is when I watch Scotland these day...delighted - I don't care who we were playing :)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Billy Dodds made one up using the same rules.......to be honest it did not look to bad.

Hickey away to Bologna for £1,800,000 despite Celtic being after him.
Not a bad price for an 18 year old with a year left on his contract.(y)
And just wait until Billy Gilmour is fit and strong - running rings round EPL midfields, revved up and raring to take on international midfields. Maybe.