Scottish Fitba'

D

Deleted member 15344

Really enjoyable game to watch and great second half from Scotland

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Phew…quite impressed by Patterson…in 2nd half…others did well also.

Hopefully the job can be done against Faroes on Tuesday and I can look forward to my trip with my lad to Hampden for the Denmark game in Nov. It‘ll be his first Scotland game and…bless his cotton socks…he’s dead excited at the prospect.??????????????

I must add that as the clock ticked into the last minute of normal time my Mrs, now with 30yrs of watching my agonies through Scotland games and especially my suffering over the final minutes of any game we are looking to get something from, was telling me that a draw will do, we don’t need or indeed want much additional time. When 6 minutes went up she groaned. I tried to keep positive saying we really needed to win the game and we were playing pretty well…

For once I was right. Just.

Last edited:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Umm yeah, that’s why I said 2nd half…

You might have said they were immense 2nd half but the other 2 did it for 90
Patterson was definitely a weak link first half so you didn’t have someone who could mirror the left 2 and imo you still don’t have.
Anyway don’t really watch Scotland but a great atmosphere and really enjoyed the game.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wow, that was some second half, brilliant team effort.
Match stats, 17 shots at goal, 9 on target. More of the same please

Wee Billy Gilmore made me laugh.
Standing in the middle of the park and signaling to his team mates who to pass to. Give him a conductors baton next game.
Cue draw with Faroes. :love:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Standing in the middle of the park and signaling to his team mates who to pass to. Give him a conductors baton next game.
I groaned (well a little bit more than that) at the Dykes header and McGinn shots in 2nd half as Scotland pressed and pressed…these sorts of ‘open goal’ misses usually lead to an opposition break out and goal. But this time that didnae happen.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
You might have said they were immense 2nd half but the other 2 did it for 90
Patterson was definitely a weak link first half so you didn’t have someone who could mirror the left 2 and imo you still don’t have.
Anyway don’t really watch Scotland but a great atmosphere and really enjoyed the game.

No one is disputing that Robertson/Tierney are class or that they did it for 90 mins.
What I am saying is that Patterson and Gilmour, in the second half, showed that we have that ability on the right as well. No, they didn’t do it for 90 but they showed the capability and considering they have barely played together that might be understandable.
The link up, dropping deep and surging forward, transitioning and overlapping and interchanging was very much what we have missed on the other flank.

For too long Scotland have relied heavily on the left sided above play of overlaps and interchanges but with no balance on the right. These young lads showed that capability so I DO think we have that option, Clarke just needs to be brave enough to keep going with them and not fall back in to the old habits. When Gilmour and Patterson gelled it was no coincidence that we took the game by the scruff.

But that’s just my opinion as someone that does watch a lot of Scotland.

Last edited:

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site

The thing is if you look at our stats over the last wee while we've been creating bucket loads of chances and that includes the euros. We just can't convert them.

Sure, the performances and results haven't been there, but the chances have. If only we had a half decent finisher.

I keep thinking if we keep doing what we've been doing the goals and results will come.

Did anyone see the celebration for Israel's second goal? The guy, I think it was Dobber, slid along the ground and someone launched a pie right into his lap ?. What a throw.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The thing is if you look at our stats over the last wee while we've been creating bucket loads of chances and that includes the euros. We just can't convert them.

Sure, the performances and results haven't been there, but the chances have. If only we had a half decent finisher.

I keep thinking if we keep doing what we've been doing the goals and results will come.

Did anyone see the celebration for Israel's second goal? The guy, I think it was Dobber, slid along the ground and someone launched a pie right into his lap ?. What a throw.

I saw Dabbbur get a mince pie right in the chuckies ?