Scottish Fitba' 19/20

ger147

Tour Winner
It would have been hard work…trying to blend the sublime skills and technique of Efe Ambrose into our defensive system 🙄. But hey…you never know…
You should spend more time keeping up to date with your own team instead of pretending to be interested in the whole of Scottish football so you can have as many digs as you can at Rangers and Celtic, then you would know (y)

You should spend more time keeping up to date with your own team instead of pretending to be interested in the whole of Scottish football so you can have as many digs as you can at Rangers and Celtic, then you would know (y)
Unnecessary dig. I thought I have made it clear that in the context of Europe I actually care about the fortunes of the OF - I am not pretending. Which seems more than can be said about many OF supporters about the fortunes of the rest of Scottish football, including the international team - about which they don‘t even pretend to care. And that’s a great pity. Maybe some OF supporters don’t understand that their team need not be the be all and end all of it, and that some supporters of ‘diddy’ clubs might have a less blinkered view.

ger147

Tour Winner
Unnecessary dig. I thought I have made it clear that in the context of Europe I actually care about the fortunes of the OF - I am not pretending. Which seems more than can be said about many OF supporters about the fortunes of the rest of Scottish football, including the international team - about which they don‘t even pretend to care. And that’s a great pity. Maybe some OF supporters don’t understand that their team need not be the be all and end all of it, and that some supporters of ‘diddy’ clubs might have a less blinkered view.
Not unnecessary at all as the rest of your post CLEARLY illustrates i.e. yet ANOTHER dig at fans of Rangers and Celtic!! You are really are a sad, pathetic little man aren't you? It must have been a very long and sad life for you lugging about that chip on your shoulder...

As for you describing yourself as less blinkered...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Now, now children!
A bit of decorum please--after all, what would the neighbours think??
What's the answer to poor displays/ results?--Play more games?...practise HARDER?study foreign teams more closely?-tactics/ formations?
I have no instant fix, do any of you??
Can we ( even ) pay continental teams to take some of our players/ youth teamers to train with them for a year/two years-I don't know:unsure:
OR, are we just pish and occasionally lucky??

chico

Club Champion
Riches of Croesus compared to the rest of Scottish football but comparative paupers compared to the rest of Europe. Football is a money game on the whole. Every so often a club develops a group of players eg Ajax, that have been brought through but for most of the time money talks and the OF don't have enough of it. That is the reality.
Probably the last 5 or six times Celtic have been knocked out of Europe is by teams with less money than them. Rangers got knocked out this year by a team with a smaller budget.

Now, now children!
A bit of decorum please--after all, what would the neighbours think??
What's the answer to poor displays/ results?--Play more games?...practise HARDER?study foreign teams more closely?-tactics/ formations?
I have no instant fix, do any of you??
Can we ( even ) pay continental teams to take some of our players/ youth teamers to train with them for a year/two years-I don't know:unsure:
OR, are we just pish and occasionally lucky??
I don’t think the game is that bad in Scotland and I don’t think it should take much for the OF to become more consistent in Europe - they are, or at least have been, pretty competitive those last few years. Unfortunately I don’t know the answer, but one of your suggestions has me reflecting about Jack Hendry at Club Brugge, and his claiming a place in the international team - and him looking pretty darned useful. It’s the inconsistency and failures against teams that they should really be beating is what is frustrating and disappointing for supporters of Scottish football.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
I don’t think the game is that bad in Scotland and I don’t think it should take much for the OF to become more consistent in Europe - they are, or at least have been, pretty competitive those last few years. Unfortunately I don’t know the answer, but one of your suggestions has me reflecting about Jack Hendry at Club Brugge, and his claiming a place in the international team - and him looking pretty darned useful. It’s the inconsistency and failures against teams that they should really be beating is what is frustrating and disappointing for supporters of Scottish football.
Hendry was awful at Celtic, and hasn't been much better for Scotland. Have you forgotten that ridiculous shot he had from 30-odd yards that lead directly to the Czech lad scoring from halfway? Marshall got most of the blame, but Hendry was the last man and should never have tried that. If he has done well in Belgium, the Belgian league must be worse than the spl.

As for Celtic the other night, it was the story of the season so far. Great going forward, can't defend to save their lives. I really like Ange and the football he's got them playing, but he really needs to sort that defence out.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Probably the last 5 or six times Celtic have been knocked out of Europe is by teams with less money than them. Rangers got knocked out this year by a team with a smaller budget.
I guess then it depends by how much. If it is marginal then sometimes the OF should win, sometimes they will lose. That is the way of it. If the budgets are massively different then the excuses go out of the window.

Without using Google I'd expect the OF to have similar incomes to the Scandinavian, possibly Greek teams. They are the ones to be judged against. I don't follow Scottish football enough to know how things stack up there.