Scotland Debate

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I have refrained from commenting on what I read, heard and saw in the Scottish media when home for a week earlier this month - and I personally had and overheard some interesting discussions and points of view.

I'll note that I heard a lot about pressure building on BT to put out their version of the white paper and also pressure on BT to get Cameron to engage in debate with Salmond.

I will however note that I am starting to get asked more often down here about what I think will happen and how I'd vote - as if my view mattered one little jot - so interest in England seems to be increasing.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Long way to go yet, and I think you will get a few more big names, coming out and supporting the Yes vote. There has been a couple of retired councillors / trade union guys who, free from party and local politics, have come out recently and backed the yes campaign despite being from Labour backgrounds.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just think of the work for our ENGLISH brikkies when we re-build the wall,and we could get it done on the cheap if we do one for WALES as well.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So if you two had a vote, Scotland would be on there own.

That might be interesting, how many other British people would vote to separate from Scotland, given a vote ?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
So if you two had a vote, Scotland would be on there own.

That might be interesting, how many other British people would vote to separate from Scotland, given a vote ?

Not me.. In fact, the conversation in my house last week was about how quickly we could sell up and move to Scotland if the Yes vote won... Then my Missus checked out the weather and decided that she was having second thoughts....:)

Actually, in all seriousness, I've spoken to several people recently who would consider moving to Scotland if the Yes vote won. All Northerners though. Maybe we could just move the border south?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not me.. In fact, the conversation in my house last week was about how quickly we could sell up and move to Scotland if the Yes vote won... Then my Missus checked out the weather and decided that she was having second thoughts....:)

Actually, in all seriousness, I've spoken to several people recently who would consider moving to Scotland if the Yes vote won. All Northerners though. Maybe we could just move the border south?

The yes vote is sounding very more attractive.

standrew

Head Pro
Visit site
Not interested unless we get rid of the central bank. Id vote to stay with britain if they bloody put match of the day 2 on at 10.20 instead of pish SPL.