Scorecards

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If you just put your name and gross scores , h/c on card and player and marker sign would this be enough to stay within the rules.

I was told today you must put date and what competition you are playing on the card also.

I always put date and competition btw, it’s just some players didn’t in our competition today.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
I empty the scorecard posting box 3 times a week - scores will have been entered electronically. The cards will be from several comps as there will be cards from players who perhaps play once a fortnight and from those who play 3 or 4 times a week. If there is no date on a card, you can imagine it will take a bit of time to work out the date on which the round was played. That is a totally unnecessary additional amount of time for someone volunteering to do the job. It is not against the rules but extremely inconsiderate.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you just put your name and gross scores , h/c on card and player and marker sign would this be enough to stay within the rules..
The Rule surprisingly does not require the player to enter their name. That and the date are the responsibility of the committee. The player is only responsible for his handicap (Course Handicap now), individual hole gross scores and signatures. However it would be sensible and (as said above) courteous to ensure your name, date and competition title or general play indication are included. The committee may require more and could possibly apply non-golf penalties if you don't accede.

wjemather

Visit site
If you just put your name and gross scores , h/c on card and player and marker sign would this be enough to stay within the rules.

I was told today you must put date and what competition you are playing on the card also.

I always put date and competition btw, it’s just some players didn’t in our competition today.
You are not even responsible for putting your own name on the card; gross hole score, (course) handicap and certification by player and marker (normally provided by signatures) are all that is required. However, there is a risk that if your card cannot be identified, you could be DQd for not returning it.

Of course, you are potentially making life difficult for your competition/handicap committee by failing to include other relevant information (name, date, comp, tees used); it can also be helpful to them if your nett/Stableford scores are totalled. Some clubs have disciplinary procedures for people who repeatedly fail to complete some of these details, e.g. players may be suspended from playing in club comps.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the reply’s guys.

This just confirms what I thought although I didn’t know about not having to put your name on the card.

Yes it’s very inconsiderate not to put this information on your card.

We had 3 men playing in our open that didn’t put date and competition on their cards and we had a over zealous lad doing the cards and he wondered about dq them.

I did tell him I thought there was no requirement to do this.