LIV Golf

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The press conference where Garcia,Westwood, and Kaymer are asked about the Ryder Cup is here, nobody crying about anything, just pointing out how ridiculously petty the existing tours are behaving in the face of something new.
Working late? Jet lagged?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
They are independent contractors. Who have signed contracts to abide by PGA tour rules.
One of the rules they are breaching, by playing on the LIV tour, is playing on another tour largely/mainly staged in North America. Or so I have been led to understand.
No disrespect James because I don’t know either,but led to believe means nothing to me.
I worked 11 years for a company on a self employed basis,guided by their rules and their governing bodies.
However as soon as something that didn’t suit their narrative they changed the rules to suit.
The PGA tour have done that haven’t they?
I’m sure if the Liv tour gathers momentum and other names leave( even bigger names) it would probably come to no surprise if they did some sort of u-turn.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Indeed, as a contractor, my rate was set irrespective of where I worked, with accommodation generally arranged/paid for by the client and meals either included or at 'staff' allowance rates.

being paid by the client, not a third party which is the difference

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Rumours of a top 10 ranked player set to move across to LIV in the coming weeks - Cantlay seems to be the popular shout.
Realistically, I can see a few players moving over post The Open - from a commercial point of view for the players, it’s a much more attractive package.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rumours of a top 10 ranked player set to move across to LIV in the coming weeks - Cantlay seems to be the popular shout.
Realistically, I can see a few players moving over post The Open - from a commercial point of view for the players, it’s a much more attractive package.
He certainly had something else on his mind last week

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Good player, but appears to have deleted personality from the options list.

D

Deleted member 1418

Of course it is! A couple of 100mill to play 54 holes of exhibition golf with a few has-beens and choppers! What's not to like!!! :D

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I trust it's the older brother Patrick (#7), not Nick (#1804)!
Post The Open would be natural, though not reqd as it's independent of Tours - at least for anyone of note.

Drip feeding 'converts' is a reasonable PR tactic to keep LIV in the news. With 55 players already signed up though there's likely to be some competition for the 54 places. It's not as if players need a break from the few exhibitions already scheduled.

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I think it is the noise of cash registers and snouts feeding in the trough.
Just think about the irony of that while you’re paying to watch the John Dreary Classic this weekend, while myself and many others are watching the most entertaining golf event of the weekend, buckshee. ;-)

D

Deleted member 1418

Just had a look on YoofTube - Saudi Tour has 3,400 views at the moment (y)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just think about the irony of that while you’re paying to watch the John Dreary Classic this weekend, while myself and many others are watching the most entertaining golf event of the weekend, buckshee. ;-)

No irony at all. The LIV Tour is a tawdry and grubby affair, with a bunch of players who either can't cut it any more on the PGA Tour or are just greedy bar stewards who want to hoover up as much money as they can. The TV coverage of it is watchable only by ADD types and the team format is pitiful. Those of you who claim to love it will tire of it in time. You'll see.

I will be watching The Irish Open, as you might expect from my avatar.

The PGA Tour should stick to their line of banning players, and refusing to allow OWGR points. Then in a while, they will make a limited time offer, an amnesty, for players to return. Some will do so. All this crap about independent contractors who should be free to play where they want will be laughed out of court, and in due course, players like Ancer will no longer qualify for majors.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
People do realise the pga was formed because in the 1960s golfers who toured felt they were playing against weak fields for not enough share of the tv money. So broke away to form another organisation, for the best players, who would share all the money....

Also worth note it was re united with the main organisation pretty quickly with all the cash distributed as they requested.

The only thing we learn from history is that we never learn from history...