LIV Golf

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I meant if the majors align with the PGA Tour and DP Tour..

How many current LIV players are eligible to play in the majors anyway? And with no ranking points on offer some of them will slide out of contention or further away from it.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
How many current LIV players are eligible to play in the majors anyway? And with no ranking points on offer some of them will slide out of contention or further away from it.
Rumours of 'brown envelopes' winging to the OGWR committee perhaps... ???

Barking_Mad

Visit site
FU_A3KnWUAEf91w

Patrick Reed's LIV logo released.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Patrick Reed confirmed now

Of course he has because........"I'm super excited. Just the thought of being part of an evolution and a change in golf for the better for me is unbelievable." Nothing to do with the boat load of dollars winging it's way into his bank account. Just be honest about why you are playing.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Well played Charl & the saffers

Only watched a little on Thursday but it seemed the shots shown was a bit less today, maybe to focus more on the leaders. Even so I did like not seeing as much pacing, chatting, and huffing & puffing - just a personal preference. Of course the coverage is different from the tournament so that may change if a big US broadcaster takes over at some point but you'd think liv would want to keep some control to fit with the marketing.
Would have preferred the commentators to talk less about the $ but that is the world we are in I guess.

Harry Putter

Visit site
I've not read all 90 pages so sorry if it's come up before but the question is this... with more high ranking players joining and only (18 x 3) 54 players at each tournament for each start, how do people like Mr Ogletree.. number 1349 in the OWGR get a start? Having committed themselves, how can they guarantee a place and therefore earnings every week?. Surely no place, no money?

D

Deleted member 1418

I've not read all 90 pages so sorry if it's come up before but the question is this... with more high ranking players joining and only (18 x 3) 54 players at each tournament for each start, how do people like Mr Ogletree.. number 1349 in the OWGR get a start? Having committed themselves, how can they guarantee a place and therefore earnings every week?. Surely no place, no money?

Caddying.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really enjoyed that 3 days of golf. Not sure if it's because it's the new novelty event, but I found that more watchable that your average weekly tour event.

I know this will sound silly but the most interesting part of a golf event is the last day. Back 9 really

So after this could go watch the Canadian open tomorrow and won't affect the PGAs viewing figures for tomorrow

BridgfordBlue

Visit site
How, and why ? Is it not just a random pick of four golfers and calling them this weeks team winners ? Its not a team game.
The teams element is the crowning of the nonsense, and shows how out of touch with golf as a sport the organisers are. I could imagine advertising or media types that come up with reality TV shows and the like thinking it was a good idea though.

I think it’s got potential depending what they do with it. Currently I agree it’s pretty pointless.

D

Deleted member 21445

Grab your popcorn and watch plenty of them go in the next 3 weeks...

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I missed today. How is the experience of shotgun start in the last round? Does it make it less exciting towards the end? I enjoyed that on the 1st 2 days because of the always action aspect.

And looking at the results, it seem the 'big guys' did decide right. None of their scores screams payday in a tour event.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the next event taking place in The USA I would expect the viewing figures to be less as it will be taking place at the same time as the PGA event.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I see that a group representing the families of 9/11 victims have written to the American players involved in the Liv tour expressing their disgust at their involvement, calling them traitors to America. Messy stuff

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the next event taking place in The USA I would expect the viewing figures to be less as it will be taking place at the same time as the PGA event.

I expect them to be more

More names signed up

US Soil , times suit them more. Americans will lap it up

Springveldt

Visit site
Pat Perez confirmed and they just interviewws him. He admitted the only reason he got a call was because he is great mates with DJ, and DJ wanted him in his team.
As I said in an earlier post I’m really looking forward to a podcast getting him on soon. His last one on the Subpar podcast was brilliant. He was talking about the tour when he said “we’ve even got a guy out here now that wears two gloves. Not only does he wear two gloves he’s also slow as ***”. Had me in stitches.