LIV Golf

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
...millions are going to sit down and watch it that wouldn't normally.
I'd like to know the basis for that statement.....can't see that its going to be as big as you think (or want it to be based on your avid defence of LIV).

Rick Shiels video with Lee Westwood has already had almost a million views in just 4 days.

So I can easlily see there being an interest in the LIV, by millions of viewers.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Btw. Which video? Surel not this one (with 34k views on FB and 88k on his channel) ? Or this one
with 43k views?

Last edited:

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I very much doubt there will be millions of people tuning in to watch the event at centurion- there are no big name golfers that bring the viewers in playing ,

you don’t get millions watching the main tour events apart from the Majors so why would millions watch the LIV event ?
Because Mel has said so.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Why do people have such an issue with my views and seem intent to discredit them.
I’m just offering opinions and fact based evidence chaps…..

D

Deleted member 15344

Why do people have such an issue with my views and seem intent to discredit them.
I’m just offering opinions and fact based evidence chaps…..

Sorry but what does that have to do with the Saudi League ?

Where is your “fact based evidence” ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Is that the answer ?

What is your “fact based evidence” that millions are going to watch the LIV Tour event?

That video has 953,000 views in 4 days buddy. It would seem Foxholer had attempted to dispute my view that ‘almost a million people’ had watched a Rick Shiels video featuring Westwood. I’m just demonstrating that there is a huge market for golf, via You Tube.

D

Deleted member 15344

That video has 953,000 views in 4 days buddy. It would seem Foxholer had attempted to dispute my view that ‘almost a million people’ had watched a Rick Shiels video featuring Westwood. I’m just demonstrating that there is a huge market for golf, via You Tube.

So because 900k watch some part of a 50 min video that means the same people will watch an event at Centurion?

And how many of those 900k are clicks from adverts people get on their feeds ? 900k “views” will never be a true number of people who actually sit and watch it

There has always been a huge market for golf on You Tube - the “golf vloggers” have been doing it for years now with various levels of actions from tips , club reviews , matches - even the ET use it for 15 club challenge etc

But that doesn’t equate to people willing to sit in front of you tube watch under Robert Garrigus or Kokrak hack round the Centurion

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sorry but what does that have to do with the Saudi League ?

Where is your “fact based evidence” ?
I think it's a reply/evidence about his 'almost a million views of his video' - nothing more. The fact that he has over 2 million subscribers might have an influence on those numbers. LIV hasn't even got a channel, as far as I can see, yet. So plenty of inertia to overcome!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I've never 'disputed' the numbers - simply asked where they came from/which vid. You didn't actually specify, and I couldn't find any LIV related one that had anywhere near that number. The LIV related ones show only about 5% of his YT Channel numbers!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
If this was Twitter, then by now I would be pretty sure that Mel was a bot. But seeing as he has been on here for several years, that probably isn't the case.

However, the 'fact based evidence' is surely signs of someone on a wind up. And if so, fair play - you hooked me in.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Perhaps because your views/opinions are unbelievable and your 'fact based evidence' is 99.9% irrelevant!

Mate, I think a Rick Shiels video with nigh on a million views, shows there are plenty of people wanting to watch a different kind of golf - you might think it's irrelevant, but I don't, and I suspect performance 54 are feeding all that data back to Sanabil, to show them that there is a market for there product.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Mate, I think a Rick Shiels video with nigh on a million views, shows there are plenty of people wanting to watch a different kind of golf - you might think it's irrelevant, but I don't, and I suspect performance 54 are feeding all that data back to Sanabil, to show them that there is a market for there product.
Or that about half the number of his subscribers take a peek at some of his vids - the ones involving Tour players (or St Andrews) significantly more than others. Most of his vids have far smaller, though not insignificant, counts.
Again, I ask the question that you didn't reply to earlier....Are you being compensated for all this 'promotion'? You appear to have more 'insider knowledge' about the setup/relationships than would normally be expected.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Or that about half the number of his subscribers take a peek at some of his vids - the ones involving Tour players (or St Andrews) significantly more than others. Most of his vids have far smaller, though not insignificant, counts.
Again, I ask the question that you didn't reply to earlier....Are you being compensated for all this 'promotion'? You appear to have more 'insider knowledge' about the setup/relationships than would normally be expected.

It's not insider knowledge at all, it's all out there on the internet if anybody wants to spend a little time having a look around. - I find it quite intriguing tbh, hence the amount of time I've spent on this paricular thread.

And my services to the Greg are all gratis ;-)

Swango1980

Visit site
Wow, this has dragged on. Can we not just leave it that Mel thinks it will attract millions, and others do not. Then, once it finally happens, someone can come back and say "I told you so".

Personally, I reckon it will be a damp squib. There'll be interest in the first one just because it is the first one and all the hype. However, with pretty much none of the best players in the world playing at it, then it is going to take a hell of a lot more that a few changes to the format to keep people interested.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Wow, this has dragged on. Can we not just leave it that Mel thinks it will attract millions, and others do not. Then, once it finally happens, someone can come back and say "I told you so".

Personally, I reckon it will be a damp squib. There'll be interest in the first one just because it is the first one and all the hype. However, with pretty much none of the best players in the world playing at it, then it is going to take a hell of a lot more that a few changes to the format to keep people interested.
Well, with the next 3 scheduled for US sites and PGA Tour stating they won't give releases, I do wonder what will happen - even if the Centurion one is a success, which actually I hope it will be.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Well, with the next 3 scheduled for US sites and PGA Tour stating they won't give releases, I do wonder what will happen - even if the Centurion one is a success, which actually I hope it will be.

The players will play anyway, the PGA can't actually prevent them from doing so, but they can take retrospective action I beleive. If they do, then potentially players will be more relctant to commit to PGA contracts in the future.

Don't get me wrong, the younger lads who are serious Major contenders will stick with the PGA, but there will be plenty who will see the LIV tour as an easier way to earn more money - and when it comes down to basics, that will appeal to a lot of people.

D

Deleted member 1147

The players will play anyway, the PGA can't actually prevent them from doing so, but they can take retrospective action I beleive. If they do, then potentially players will be more relctant to commit to PGA contracts in the future.

Don't get me wrong, the younger lads who are serious Major contenders will stick with the PGA, but there will be plenty who will see the LIV tour as an easier way to earn more money - and when it comes down to basics, that will appeal to a lot of people.
I believe the fact they’ve signed contracts which prevent playing another tour in the USA means that the players can’t play the LIV tour.