LIV Golf

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought Liv having 4 players T12 or better and 2 in the top 6 was a decent showing considering their low percentage of the field ?
It was roughly what you'd expect given the calibre of player we're talking about. I mean over half of them were in the field because they've won it before. Another three of them have won other majors. So you'd definitely expect a few of them near the top.

But moreover, as I said a few pages back - who cares? It's a major championship, not a PGA v LIV contest. Media-spun rubbish.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It was roughly what you'd expect given the calibre of player we're talking about. I mean over half of them were in the field because they've won it before. Another three of them have won other majors. So you'd definitely expect a few of them near the top.

But moreover, as I said a few pages back - who cares? It's a major championship, not a PGA v LIV contest. Media-spun rubbish.

Agree with all of this, but worth pointing out the last paragraph which is totally true.
Important to remember and note that a lot of the divisive rhetoric was propagated by the major media organisations - including the tv broadcasters who were dismissing the LIV players before a ball was struck.

This filters down to the plebs like us on here, who tend to believe what we want to believe rather than taking in the full context.

Everybody has a part to play in unifying the game, but sometimes it’s easier to take the lazy option and say what people want you to say, and I saw a LOT of that over the weekend.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps there needs to be an 'Actual News on LIV' thread as I really don't care about rumours and scare stories but if something has really happened I would be more interested than the eternal squabbling over fake news.

It’s just gossip, like you would have sat in a pub over a pint. Some of it believable some of it not so, either way it’s just gossip that most of us can discuss and maybe have a little fun with. But to just try and shut down pro LIV posts for me is a bit sad and petty.

Swango1980

Visit site
There may be one positive LIV post, heaven forbid, and then 4 posts piling in. 4-1..........and yet pro liv are keeping this going?

You think it is shooting fish in a barrel? You need to read back more of the posts. The blind posting of anti liv is no better, it really isn't. In between, on both sides, there is some decent stuff. Outside of that though............
I don't generally see it that way.

If one person said "the earth is flat" there may be 100 responses enthusiastically saying it isn't. If one person said "Southgate is to become Liverpool manager", there may be 100 responses saying that is garbage, and rightfully ask what the source is.

With LIV, there seems to be countless rumours. Some turn out to come true, many turn out to be absolutely unfounded. So, is there any surprise that when one post is made with another rumour, that it will result in a disagreeing response from multiple posters?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
It’s just gossip, like you would have sat in a pub over a pint. Some of it believable some of it not so, either way it’s just gossip that most of us can discuss and maybe have a little fun with. But to just try and shut down pro LIV posts for me is a bit sad and petty.

Also, what some people don’t seem to have grasped - it’s part of the attraction of LIV. Discussing the rumours about who’s going, who isn’t, who might switch teams, the young up and coming players that can be brought through the LIV ranks - the kind of discussion that drives many other sports.

This thread is testament to the validity of LIV as being part of golf, whether you are a fan, or not.

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

You’ve hit one of the nails on the head. Some are very pro. Some are very anti. And some just want to watch good golf, irrespective of who is playing.