S300 shafts?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I have 5.7's and the S300's (in some clubs I hit recently) feel much stiffer (and better for me) :angry:

It's starting to get on my nerves all this swing stuff ;)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I went for the sl S300 so I get the stiffness-oooeerr- but with 20% less weight.

However I still love the 'kick' you get with regular shafts

A

Alex1975

I have 5.7's and the S300's (in some clubs I hit recently) feel much stiffer (and better for me) :angry:

It's starting to get on my nerves all this swing stuff ;)

You have 5.5s hard stepped are you saying? As has been said the S300 are a lot heavier.

A

Alex1975

I went for the sl S300 so I get the stiffness-oooeerr- but with 20% less weight.

I was about to walk out the door with another set of 5.5s and my fitter asked me to hit the SL S300, they were way to boardy for me so we tried the R300 and it was awesome! I have back to backed the two of them and I still do love the 5.5 but the SL R300 works better for me on the numbers and on consistency. I think I go at the 5.5 a bit too much which is fun but not consistent.

A

Alex1975

What's an SL S300?

I think the extra weight in the DG S300's is MAYBE what's making them feel good... the club just seems to arrive where it's meant to be.

SL=Super Light. It is the exact flight/profile of the S300 but much lighter... Maybe not what you want?!

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site

I know what you mean. When I got fitted I was offerd the SL as a first choice, but they went too high and lost distance.

Went with the R300 in the end as I got a flight that didn't baloon and higher carry diatances.

A

Alex1975

I know what you mean. When I got fitted I was offerd the SL as a first choice, but they went too high and lost distance.

Went with the R300 in the end as I got a flight that didn't baloon and higher carry diatances.

Regular shafts are for shandy drinkers..... Pass the lemonade over and let me top mine off :eek:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
my best round in the last 6 mths where I was peppering the pins was with my reg shafted mizzies that I had to use for a medal as my S300 clubs were 'elsewhere' that weekend....hmmmm *thinks*

My old club's club champ has reg shafts in everything and is off 0.3 at Gleneagles:cool:
he got fitted for new bats with stiff shafts, hated the 'feel' and switched back after 3 weeks

Last edited:
A

Alex1975

my best round in the last 6 mths where I was peppering the pins was with my reg shafted mizzies that I had to use for a medal as my S300 clubs were 'elsewhere' that weekend....hmmmm *thinks*

My old club's club champ has reg shafts in everything and is off 0.3 at Gleneagles:cool:
he got fitted for new bats with stiff shafts, hated the 'feel' and switched back after 3 weeks

Yep, your a strong player are you not and I remember last year when you were playing with drivers and ended up with a regular that you loved.

mab

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The following is what i believe to be correct.

DG S300 is 5.8 FCM and 130g.

PX5.0 is actually 5.5 FCM and PX5.5 is actually 6.0 FCM. They both weigh 115g. You then move up to the PX6.0 at 6.5 FCM and 120g.

Hard and soft stepping the PX shafts moves you about 0.4 FCM, so you could:

- hard step the PX5.0 to get 5.9 FCM at 115g
- soft step the PX5.5 to get 5.6 FCM at 115g
- double soft step the PX6.0 to get 5.7 FCM at 120g

You could also consider double soft stepping the KBS Stiff+ which would give you a 125g shaft (i.e. the heavier weight you may prefer) at 5.9 FCM.