S&T vs traditional

jdchelsea

Head Pro
Visit site
Lets start off by saying i'm not looking for an arguement i'm just curious about S&T more than anything. I'm not thinking of changing, simply just curious :)

Ok so now that the disclaimer is out of the way here goes:

Apart from weight shift what else differs in S&T vs traditional or is that it?

ps when i say "is that it" I'm not making light of the change in weight shift.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Set up, stance width, ball position, hand position, shoulder tilt, hip turn, hand path, swing plane, downswing slide, extension, follow thru..... ermmmmm a few bits :mad:

Takes about 10 mins to learn and 20 mins to master :whistle:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
The conventional 2 plane swing is a flat(ish) shoulder turn, and a lot of 'arms' lifting the club up high behind the back of the head. From there you're 'supposed' to drop the club back down behind you onto a lower plane into impact.

With S&T the plane is slightly lower with less arms (an angled shoulder turn brings the club up on plane rather than lifting the arms). With the plane lower the right arm can stay more connected to the right side and you don't need to 'drop the club back down on plane' so to speak.

It's more of a body swing (covering the ball) rather than just trying to swing the weedy floppy arms. :D

The S&T follow through (as per the book) is more abbreviated as you try to focus your power down at the ball rather than trying to wrap the club round your neck... the ball is well gone by then! :thup:

connor

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If s+t is more body than arms would it benefit someone with a bad arm?
I'm sick of not playing now for almost 6weeks and itching to get back but don't know if my arm can take a full swing yet...

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
If s+t is more body than arms would it benefit someone with a bad arm?
I'm sick of not playing now for almost 6weeks and itching to get back but don't know if my arm can take a full swing yet...

I have a bad shoulder, bad back, 2 bad knees and bad wrist... probably why I play so crap :D

S&T is the easiest swing on the body as it uses your bodies natural pivots and levers.

I can barely lift my right arm above my head (rotator cuff injury) and I can still play.... quite well sometimes as it happens :p