Russians...

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
See the pesky so and so's have allegedly fired warning shots and ordinance toward one of her majesty’s Sleek Grey Harbingers of death (HMS Defender).

All kicking off in the Crimea. God I wish I was still in ?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It's all just a bit of international posturing and an exercise in gathering intelligence.

Nothing to see. Move along.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
See the pesky so and so's have allegedly fired warning shots and ordinance toward one of her majesty’s Sleek Grey Harbingers of death (HMS Defender).

All kicking off in the Crimea. God I wish I was still in ?

Yeah I read about that. We've denied being in their waters and think they must have been on some sort of training exercise. Some posturing going on re Crimea.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The main question is, why the hell was a BBC reporter on board a ship that was going to sail to close to Russian waters? Stinks to high heaven.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t mind having the occasional foray into Russian waters .. they are in our airspace regularly.. they have set the ground rules , play the game and wind them back up.
Hopefully we have some nice silent subs lurking for some giggles

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The main question is, why the hell was a BBC reporter on board a ship that was going to sail to close to Russian waters? Stinks to high heaven.
Why not. There have been a number of documentaries on TV about life on warships. Also, how can you sail too close to Russian waters, You're either in them or out of them. Defender says it was out of them.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
HMS Defender was my first ship, not the current one but it's predecessor. I spent a month on her as a young Naval Reservist in the 1960s. She had just finished a major refit in Chatham and was doing her sea trials. She really was a beautiful ship.

185d492812748f40bea1332520f4ea4d.jpg

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don’t mind having the occasional foray into Russian waters .. they are in our airspace regularly.. they have set the ground rules , play the game and wind them back up.
Hopefully we have some nice silent subs lurking for some giggles
They are near our airspace regularly. I very much doubt they enter it much. If ever.

Submarines on the other hand......

Edited to add. In tbe water obviously

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They are near our airspace regularly. I very much doubt they enter it much. If ever.

Submarines on the other hand......

Edited to add. In tbe water obviously

I regularly work out in the middle of the North Sea. On many occasions (at least a dozen in the last 3 or 4 years) we'll be out on deck and a fighter jet will come overhead from the east and will then do an abrupt about turn and head back where it came from when (usually) two RAF fighters come out to intercept. Obviously I can't tell if they actually enter UK airspace but they are regularly testing the UK response to their jets flying towards the UK.

sunshine

Visit site
I love Russians. That time I met Svetlana and Tatiana, two former ballet dancers, on a night out in Covent Garden :love: