Rules question

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I am playing today with 2 others in the monthly medal and a new forum member (mashleyR7) is coming out as well so that I can help him get his first handicap card in. He will not be able to play in the competition.

Obviously we will observe the rules of golf within the competition - do the rules, such as advice etc count the same in the handicap card ? I am sure they do but havn't seen it in writing

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Obviously we will observe the rules of golf within the competition - do the rules, such as advice etc count the same in the handicap card ? I am sure they do but havn't seen it in writing

Yes, absolutely. He may not be competing for whatever prizes are on the go, but he is playing a qualifying round same as the rest of you.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
A handicap card is played same as a comp round although he may not be able to mark one of the medal cards so either check club policy but we can't, I did a similar thing last year and a mate had to mark 2 cards mine and a medal round.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am playing today with 2 others in the monthly medal and a new forum member (mashleyR7) is coming out as well so that I can help him get his first handicap card in. He will not be able to play in the competition.

I know the committee can designate a marker, but are you allowed to mark a handicap card at the same time as you are playing in a competition?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes, absolutely. He may not be competing for whatever prizes are on the go, but he is playing a qualifying round same as the rest of you.

My thoughts entirely

A handicap card is played same as a comp round although he may not be able to mark one of the medal cards so either check club policy but we can't, I did a similar thing last year and a mate had to mark 2 cards mine and a medal round.

Never thought about the card marking P will check that one out with the secretary - cheers

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
It would make for difficulties getting cards in for a handicap if players competing couldn't mark.

Last edited:

Stub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of my handicap cards submitted last year when I started playing regularly was marked in a medal where I played in a three-ball with two competitors, one of whom marked my card. Other two cards were in roll-ups off yellow tees.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
In the end we were a 3 ball, two playing in the stableford and I signed 2 cards - one for the Club Chairman and a handicap card for MashleyR7 everyone seemed happy except me as I only shot 34 points