Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I love watching the Lions but it's a tour and without fans it's a fraction of what it's all about, I agree it should have been postponed.

As for the games, I'm unsure if we expected anything other than 3 arm wrestles

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love watching the Lions but it's a tour and without fans it's a fraction of what it's all about, I agree it should have been postponed.

As for the games, I'm unsure if we expected anything other than 3 arm wrestles

An arm wrestle is about the only way to guarantee not beating South Africa unfortunately.

Reactions: Val
D

Deleted member 15344

Immense from Ireland to beat the All Blacks - fully deserved. Some outstanding performances- Ringrose just a beast

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Strange game. England average second half and Aussies rubbish. Don’t think SA will be too worried about next week.
I don't know.....EJ obviously trying different things and personel. I thought they looked reasonable considering they are starting the run to the next World Cup

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am somewhat confused. Manu has been known as a battering ram centre not for his skills. Suffered from injuries so lost a lot of bulk to keep fit and people still rely on him despite lacking the skills to back up his new lack of physical presence. Time to move on there.

Steward looked superb and, ironically would still be in a Tigers academy shirt if Veainu had not left because he would not take a covid pay cut.

England still short a centre and I am not sure why we dropped Radwan. Just the usual Jones having fun with meaningless matches

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am somewhat confused. Manu has been known as a battering ram centre not for his skills. Suffered from injuries so lost a lot of bulk to keep fit and people still rely on him despite lacking the skills to back up his new lack of physical presence. Time to move on there.

Steward looked superb and, ironically would still be in a Tigers academy shirt if Veainu had not left because he would not take a covid pay cut.

England still short a centre and I am not sure why we dropped Radwan. Just the usual Jones having fun with meaningless matches
I fail to see why we have to shoehorn Farrell in anywhere...if he aint flyhalf then leave him out.

Grizzly

Visit site
Biggest thing was, Smith and Farrell may not work, especially if Curry is going to play 8. It worked more or less for George Ford, largely because he never brought a running game to international rugby, but Marcus is so much better with at least one, ideally two hitters around him so that he gets a moment of space on second phase ball. You sense Farrell going off injured might be a godsend, allowing Tuilagi (or Mark Atkinson) to play 12 and bring back a finisher, Radwan or Malins, out wide.

Grizzly

Visit site

Nah, Tuilagi is fine played in position. He may not be as big as he was but he's big enough, has a two footed step and a decent turn of speed. He just isn't a winger.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nah, Tuilagi is fine played in position. He may not be as big as he was but he's big enough, has a two footed step and a decent turn of speed. He just isn't a winger.
Used to be when I first watched him. Not convinced that you can make a skilful centre out of him. Ok part of that is being a bit bitter from the attitude to Tigers last year but as a general rugby fan I would love to see the Manu magic back but I just cannot see it and cannot see him transitioning to another style of play.

Grizzly

Visit site
Used to be when I first watched him. Not convinced that you can make a skilful centre out of him. Ok part of that is being a bit bitter from the attitude to Tigers last year but as a general rugby fan I would love to see the Manu magic back but I just cannot see it and cannot see him transitioning to another style of play.

Point is, I don't think he needs to. He's the ideal 12 for a Smith helmed attack.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watched the England game in a pub. We all loved it. Exciting stuff, better than the turgid displays of last year. Of course, beer may have influenced our view but probably not ???

D

Deleted member 1147

I assume Farrell is playing along side Smith just to support him as he starts his international carrier. Rather than just throwing him in at the deep end.
Also, it’s a time to start trying potential partnerships going forward.