Rory's Powerwork out

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You hope to put on 2.5 kg off mass? Not a chance. Let's just say you where geneticly gifted you would be lucky to achieve 1lb of muscle mass per month. Which is actually quite alot when you see how big 1lb of steak is. The scales might indicate a big weight increase but this is simply extra muscle glycogen you are holding as you've increased your workload

Even with the use of steroids 4 lb per month is considered exceptional

How do you know you need 2200 maintenance calories? That seems very low. How tall and heavy are you and what is your job

I'm not a big guy; 5'6'' and 72kg - I use a TPEE calculator and personal experience for the maintenance figure. As for my job I'm not going to reveal it on a public accessed forum. As for muscle mass gain it's a guess, we'll see how it works like I said it's an experiment - I may put on mass I may not; though I do find putting on lean mass relatively easy.

And no steroids - I'd lose my job as their illegal. The supplements I take are Creatine Monohydrate, Fish Oil, multivitamin and Protein Shakes.

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Lots of overthinking it in this thread. Training is like the golf swing, you will benefit more from spending your time just going and doing it than you will from spending that time minutely planning and tinkering*.

Train, rest and eat. If it works keep doing it, if it's not working, have a look and adjust one of the variables and try again.

*Not saying planning doesn't have a place, but at non-elite levels of sport far too many people obsess over planning instead of doing!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not a big guy; 5'6'' and 72kg - I use a TPEE calculator and personal experience for the maintenance figure. As for my job I'm not going to reveal it on a public accessed forum. As for muscle mass gain it's a guess, we'll see how it works like I said it's an experiment - I may put on mass I may not; though I do find putting on lean mass relatively easy.

And no steroids - I'd lose my job as their illegal. The supplements I take are Creatine Monohydrate, Fish Oil, multivitamin and Protein Shakes.

Taking steroids is not illegal. It's illegal to sell them. So you work in the sas😁. From experience 2200 is very low. If you have spare cash a body pod session is always a good eye opener to see exactly what's what

Wolf

Visit site
Taking steroids is not illegal. It's illegal to sell them. So you work in the sas😁. From experience 2200 is very low. If you have spare cash a body pod session is always a good eye opener to see exactly what's what
Is the correct answer, owning them and using them breaks no laws. Selling them on the other hand does.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
UPDATE:

Had a lesson today, got the clubhead speed up to 110mph (Averaged) with one maxed effort at 113mph. Feeling really balanced and powerful in my swing, and that I can step on the gas without an injury or losing that balance. Definitely seeing some more of the six pack at the moment as well (wife's noticed it!)

Also interestingly enough read that Phil has been doing speed training to up his Clubhead speed. Might take a look at that after this routine.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
UPDATE:

Week 7

Definitely loving this work out regime and the results - always had a six pack so nothing changed there. I'm weighing in at at 73.2kg with 11% body fat still wearing 29" waist trousers. Hitting my clubs a club longer which has made me much happier (still having lessons so chill the fudge out before the keyboard warriors start) mobility and balance have definitely improved in the swing. Played with a couple of friends the other week that hadn't seen me in about a month commented about my new found distance. Still not going to compete on tour, and i probably will go back to 5x5 and complexes/circuits but this has been my first time doing a golf specific workout.