Rory McIllroy Interview

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Brilliant.. box of socks

the Euro tour seem a great bunch.. mate of mine who I play in one of my societies with goes to watch them a lot with his boy.. his boy is 14 I think.. plays off 5 .. scarily good.. he joins us sometimes to show us how its done. the tour know of him from when they follow them round.. apparently beefy was asking after him to play in a pro am in a couple years!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The boy is the star and Rory can be a great ambassador for the sport if he wants to be,the question is does he.

In the interview he actually mentions the reason he boycotted the Olympics and has recently boycotted the Turkish Open.

D

Deleted member 15344

That's a good interview - McIlroy as a person will never be perfect and he does act on emotions and he will no doubt make mistakes in the media etc but I prefer that compared to a media robot who is being told what to do and say.

McIlroy is the perfect role model on and off the course

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Brilliant.. box of socks

the Euro tour seem a great bunch.. mate of mine who I play in one of my societies with goes to watch them a lot with his boy.. his boy is 14 I think.. plays off 5 .. scarily good.. he joins us sometimes to show us how its done. the tour know of him from when they follow them round.. apparently beefy was asking after him to play in a pro am in a couple years!
5 at 14 isn't amazing nowadays at all. Rose was off +1

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree with Phil...Rory sets a great example on how to conduct yourself on and off the course. He is never embroiled in huge controversy, is chatty, honest and plays the game in the right spirit.

Not watched the interview yet, but from what I've heard, it's a cracker

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Agree with Phil...Rory sets a great example on how to conduct yourself on and off the course. He is never embroiled in huge controversy, is chatty, honest and plays the game in the right spirit.

Not watched the interview yet, but from what I've heard, it's a cracker

I like Rory but I disagree he is perfect or he sets a great example.

He has thrown clubs in water,he has broke clubs over his knee and he has quit a tournament with a fake injury or illness[call it what you want] please can you or Phil explain how that is a great example.

Nobodys perfect and I don't expect it but my eyes are wide open not shut.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
That's a good interview - McIlroy as a person will never be perfect and he does act on emotions and he will no doubt make mistakes in the media etc but I prefer that compared to a media robot who is being told what to do and say.

McIlroy is the perfect role model on and off the course

Spot on IMO

rosswilliams

Club Champion
Visit site
Seen an interview with Rory since, and he said he got a call to ask how close to the bone they could go, but even then he was pretty surprised.

it's a good interview and harmless fun. The kid is a star, and his interview with 'beef' was good too.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
5 at 14 isn't amazing nowadays at all. Rose was off +1

I agree, there's a young girl I marshalled once and have followed her ever since on Twitter who is only just 13 and is off 3, when I marshalled her when she was 10 she went around my old course 6 over gross 😜🏌