Rooney's penalty dive v Aston Villa

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
But the papers won't have a go at him because he's English, unless they go down the line of him being taught it by dodgy foreigners like Eduardo.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The usual Rooney dive. Nothing I haven't seen before.

Mind you, after yesterdays game, maybe he should play for Liverpool. No wonder they are in the mire, at any given time there are only about 5 of them on their feet. Gerrard has even mastered playing the through pass from sat on his arse. Wonder if he practices it.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was bad granted,but they two blame dodgers Gerrard and Tosser Torres have made a career out of it and its normal to them.

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was bad granted,but they two blame dodgers Gerrard and Tosser Torres have made a career out of it and its normal to them.

I hardly think it is a torres trademark, but gerrard is one of the worst offenders in world football for it and the media remain blind to this fact due to deliberate myopia where england and liverpool are concerned

rooney's dive was up there with most english players - simply hopeless and therefore rightfully cautioned.

only gerrard and owen seem to have mastered the art from these shores (and beckham to a lesser extent), although I would expect the next generation of players to be proficient due to the dishonest way the game is played today.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree with you Dangermouse ,but it is a Torres trade mark the slightest touch and he's down with a hole in his tights.Fatty Lampard is the same but the press wouldn't dare slag the darlings of the 2010 World Cup winners now would they. :D

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I agree with all the posts and it should rightly deserve a booking,however if he does it in the world cup,or lampard or gerrard and england get a penalty and hopefully score im sure we all will be cheering

S

Snelly

I wouldn't be cheering and I am English.

I think diving (along with other forms of cheating and poor player behaviour) is ruining football to the point where I don't watch it much now.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
IF YOU DONT WATCH THEN YOUVE GOT NO WORRIES.The reason players dive these days is because winning is everything to a team,football is no longer a game to some people its more of a business.If it was the last game of the season and it meant the difference of staying up or going down and the club losing 40 million im sure most players would dive given the chance.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Saw the penalty decision from Chelsea's game last night. It was a penalty - no doubt about it. But if you watch it in slow-mo the player is up in the air and waving to the crowd before he's clobbered by the defender. Definite penalty but still a dive.
Cheating is rife in all sports now. Sad really -its not sport anymore.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Actually Rooneys dive did not result in a penalty, just a free kick

And as the assist was from Ronaldo, it was clearly last years incident, so why the post now about something old hat.

Im a great big Grumpy Old Fragger
Cold and pedantic

Adrena1in

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I know that referring to video evidence during a game could slow down a match that it becomes like American Football, but I really think there should be some video-refs away from the pitch, who can analyse blatant cheating like this and take some appropriate action, such as booking Rooney a few minutes later, or getting him sent off. He kicked the ball towards the touch-line, but made no effort whatsoever to follow it. He knew exactly what he was doing and taking a dive was all that was on his mind.

This is just one of the reasons I hate football.