Ronaldo

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just wondered what the posters thought about Ronaldo's immediate plans. It might not be such a bad idea to sell him for £100,000,000 . I'd love to see United stuff Real Madrid next season with the great Ronaldo playing in the famous white shirt. Personally, I think he's a tad over-rated.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As a player , i think he's fantatsic ( and thats coming from a supporter of a team that has just had the greatest European trophy ripped from its grasp :) )

BUT , from a personal point of view , i just wanna wipe that smarmy smirk off his face....preferably with a sand wedge ;)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I absolutely love him. Its a great success story as lets remember, as a kid his family didn't have a window to chuck the pot out of let alone piss in it.

They lived in a shack in madeira andnow he is the best footballer in the world bar none.

He is handsome, athletic, a great footballer, likes a beer, likes a bird and so on so how can you not love the fella.

Definately in the top 5 of people I would like to meet with at the moment.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
on the pitch he his an absolute genius. He couldn't be called a model professional though. But there is something about his arrogance that is somewhat appealing, even though that may sound daft.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How an earth can you say he is overated ???
he scored 42 goals! easily the best player at the mo and he can still be better.

Hes not worth 100million pounds talk was 80million euro! which is more realistic!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best player on the planet currently.

£100m is a lot of money and must be tempting but. Who would they buy to replace him.

£25-30m for a striker and then you need someone to supply the ammo.

I think teams like Madrid and Utd for that matter show total disrespect of other clubs by "tapping up" players that are contracted to other clubs.

Any agent (parasites) that are found guilty of hawking contracted players to other clubs should be barred from holding a licence

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not sure he is the best on the Planet but I would have him at Chelsea all day.

I find it hard to swallow his behaviour but as Medway says,he came from less than nothing and he is still a young man who is coming into himself.

Lets judge him as a person in 5 years time.

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
How an earth can you say he is overated ???
he scored 42 goals! easily the best player at the mo and he can still be better.
Well, MVP, I don't get to see much English football but a lot of people seem to think that Ronaldo struggles against the big teams. Against Barcelona he was almost invisible (apart from missing the penalty). In the final he had a great first half and scored a terrific goal. When Chelsea got on top in the second half he again seemed to vanish.
If you ask me Lionel Messi is the best footballer alive.

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
A very gifted player, certainly.
Unfortunately his blatant cheating and diving spoil his gift.
I think he feels he is the most targetted player on the pitch. Whining and complaining to the referee everytime an opposing player goes anywhere near him does nothing to endeer him to fans and neutral observers of the game.
He's not bigger than any club and should remember he gets a hell of a lot of money for doing something he obviously loves.

Football has become a ridiculous game with obscene amounts of money thrown around.
The likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool will always dominate due to the massive amounts of cash available to them.
Smaller clubs have little chance of buying top rated players because the prices and wages have been blown all out of proportion.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As a Utd fan i would sell him for £100M-Agree with Shanker Messi is a better player and is younger.

Sell Ronaldo buy Messi and a top notch striker with the money from madrid-however i doubt if madrid have the money to buy ronaldo hence their anxiety to offload Robinho.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Cocks wrist and smiles with a cheeky wink

I just admire the fact that the lad came from nothing to be the best footballer in the world. I really love a success story like his.

I like the lad, as I say I know that he gets himself into a bit of trouble with the ladies and that but young lads do.

As for diving, running at the speed he does, even the slightest clip will send you flying, yes he does play-act a bit but who doesnt in pro football.

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Messi Is mustard , and ive watched him loads this year the difference with messi and ronaldo is messi doesnt tart about as much with the ball, that is where ronaldo can improve! and will improve i shouild think!

Yet they play in different parts of the field.

Like i said Ronaldo isnt overated he deserves his credit

Also he has scored against
arsenal
chelsea
and liverpool this year he pulls it out the bag week in week out! also everyone has a quiet match now and again!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
He is just outstanding, absolutly amazing and will get even better!

One of if not THE best player on the planet at the moment. He has everything in his game.

Speed
Dribbling
heading
set pieces
shooting

He is complete as an attacking player! He is worth roughly what Real are asking as he is a long term investment but I just hope to god he stays at United! No one wants to loose a player of his calibre!

And my opinion on wages, who cares what clubs pay players? Its not like it comes from our taxes, it comes from revenue, the club make it, so they can spend it. No supporting football fan can complain about wages as by paying for your ticket or shirts etc you contribute to the wages bill!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
And my opinion on wages, who cares what clubs pay players? Its not like it comes from our taxes, it comes from revenue, the club make it, so they can spend it.
Correct. If Abramovich thinks Frank Lampard is worth £******* a month, that's between him and Frank. Business is business, it's a free market and top footballers should make the most of it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As a player he is fantastic, as a person, he is a twit. All the cheating, wingeing and diving gets on my nerves.

I would like to see him sold (or better yet, buy out his contract, and move on a free), but mainly because without his goals, Utd would be solid mid table stuff.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ferguson's whining about Madrid 'tapping up' Ronaldo is laughable. How can publicly announcing an interest be called 'tapping up', which by its nature is underhand and discreet. And after all it's not something tha Manu U have ever done is it?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
TonyN - take Ronaldos 43 odd goals, take about 10 of them away for C/L etc, then take the remaining 30 odd from Uniteds league total, and you are left with a pretty poor result. Mid table.

Where are your goals going to come from? Certainly not Rooney or Teves on current form. Utd are lucky Ronaldo isn't made of glass like RVP, because without him, you are very much a lesser team.