RIP Dennis Waterman

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sad to see that one of the stars of The Sweeney, Minder & New Tricks has left us. Mrs BiM used to see him & John Thaw regularly as they used to film The Sweeney near her childhood home, Dennis was one of her first acting favourites. I always enjoyed his performances, very realistic to some characters I used to know & come across.

RIP Dennis, thanks for the memories.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sad to see that one of the stars of The Sweeney, Minder & New Tricks has left us. Mrs BiM used to see him & John Thaw regularly as they used to film The Sweeney near her childhood home, Dennis was one of her first acting favourites. I always enjoyed his performances, very realistic to some characters I used to know & come across.

RIP Dennis, thanks for the memories.

Where was ‘er in doors manor as a child ?
Dennis Waterman was great in The Sweeney, but absolutely fantastic in Minder.
As he said he was” triffic “ and loved his half pint of Carlsberg with Dave in The Winchester, while avoiding Charlie Chisham ?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really shocked and sad to hear, another great has passed.
My favourite Cop drama too. All the scrapes Arthur got him into - "Terry... sort him out".
They don't make 'em like that any more.
Cheers Dennis!

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
John Thaw and Dennis Waterman in The Sweeney, my favourite cop duo of all time.
RIP Dennis.
I remember when it was on back in the 70s as I was in my early teens and I used to watch it with my dad. Re-runs are always doing the rounds on itv 3. RIP Dennis.