right knee collapsing

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I'm not on song with the swing it seems to me that my right knee collapses through the shot causing a heavy contact.Hope this makes sense. Any tips or drills to help guys? ps I play right handed.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm so familiar with this. do it with the irons and you take a divot the size of a table mat.
I think, in my case, it happens when I try to give it that extra oomph.
The answer I suppose is just to swing easy.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
From center to back but not too far back, I very rarely hit off the front with anything below 4 iron. It tends to only effect 7 down to wedge.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Having the ball too far back in the stance often causes the golfer to sit back on the shot collapsing the right side including the knee dipping.
Try keeping the ball in the centre of your stance with the shorter clubs and make sure you get fully onto your left side through the shot.

JOK5R

Visit site
How did you get on with this advice? I have the bad habit of collapsing the right knee as well, and frequently hit very heavy shots. Any suggestions would be appreciated (obviously I'll try moving the ball forward as previously suggested).

golfdub

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I believe when your trying to create power some people seem to drop there body down and to help that movement the knees collapse.

Please shoot me down if im Wrong but I sometime do this in the rough and it causes endless problems.

GeneralStore

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I used to really struggle with this, was told to feel my right being quite strong on the ground with the weight on the inside of my right foot.
Had that in my mind as a swing thought for a while and it went away.