report from behind enemy lines

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
To my English Kin
STV showed the Wembley Wizards "Thrashing" England 2-3 in 67 no mention of England playing with ten men as Jack Charlton had to play most of the game at walking pace having had a leg injury early in the game.Some locals still think Baxter sat on the ball during the game.Not just the press but the whole nation claimed They were the world Champions after this glorious win,no mention this was a European Qualifier and they finished behind Engerland and failed to qualify.Glorious faluire more like :D :DBeen told not to escape back through Berwick as Bandits still oporating in area!!!

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Come on Atticus, just a bit of tongue in cheek fun I would say. A bit of English - Scottish banter for a change, and no harm done. :)

Golfmmad.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have not got a clue what the original post is about, something about someone sitting on a ball?
I thought my sentence building was poor, we have a winner! :D

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
We have known for years that Baxter didnt park his arse on the ball, it was well documented when Baxter died but like most things that happen up here your media dont merit it enough to give it air time.

Yes we still talk about Gemmills goal cos we know we are guff and that was shear brilliance and I am puzzled by your comment regarding Hursts goal, doesnt a goal mean the ball crosses the line?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The OP got one thing correct granted.....Berwick Bandits do operate.... every Saturday night throughout the summer in the Premier League Speedway......well done, at least that bit wasn't waffle. :rolleyes: