Replacement window and door handles in conservatory - how much!!!!!

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Having some glass panels replaced that have blown in the conservatory roof and luckily just within the 15 year guarantee, so no charge to us. Whilst they are doing this I thought might as well replace 4xwindow handles and 3xpairs of door handles. Original are brass colour which I don't like so having white ones.

Received the qoute today, window and door handles total £166.38 - a bit pricey but they will look good and need replacing. But, labour cost - which the fitter told my wife would only take him about half an hour,
wait for it.....................

£808.50 - so with vat, a total of £1,169.86!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Err, they're 'aving a laugh.

I'll be paying screw-fix a visit and doing it myself. :thup:

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It's a nothing job,just make sure the spindle & screw holes line up on the doors handles.
The window handles should be fine,but check spindle length,obviously they can be trimmed down.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 7 quid handles in screwfix come with 4 different shaft lengths and the screws have cut outs in the thread so you can chop to size easily. Very happy with them and it's a ten minute job per window (if you need to chop the screws down)